Is Titan's Revenge worth upgrading?

I’m using a Lightning Fury/ Charged Strike build so I’m mostly focused on elemental damage. However, I was thinking that the extra physical might be nice for the leech and to help a little with Jabbing lightning immunes.

Was wondering if anyone know if its worth upgrading my Titan’s Revenge javs? In terms of the cost to upgrade as well as the amount of Dex more I have to put in (I do plan on going for max block tho, but currently unsure as to how much Dex that actually costs).

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d say depends on your build, if you meet the requirements and got high ml but low MAEK, or other items that increase physical damage (Highlords, gorerider, WT) or if you use an might merc, absolutely, why not?

If you have little phys damage anyway, upping the titans will not change that much.

I wouldn’t invest anything into upgrading normal Titan’s. But upgrading Ethereal Titan’s is a sound investment. It will substantially increase physical damage output and can be traded later to easily make back whatever profit you put towards upgrading it to begin with.

1 Like

Outside of leech, it would increase the dex requirements which would take away from Vitality. CS, LF, PSN, and Plague Java don’t rely on weapon damage.

1 Like

I agree with KmFrank3, the stat requirements really aren’t worth it in my humble opinion, especially now that you can’t use the Str bug anymore with D2R

Matriarch Titan’s Revenge:
Str 107
Dex 151

Ceremonial Titan’s Revenge:
Str 25
Dex 109

I mean, its bad enough to drop that many points in Dex, but to then have to drop 82 more points into Strength and 32 more into Dex?!? That’s a lot of life you’ve just thrown out the window, and in Hell, your hp is going to be much more useful than the additional damage between the Ceremonial and Matriarch versions…

So I’ve got 2 different Eth titans of similar ED % one is upgraded other isn’t (prob will end up upgrading it) and it’s a minimal amount of damage change, when using spirit monarch, really at the cost of ~40 additional dex. The other gear I’m using makes me hit the str requirement either way so it’s just the extra dex I had to add.

W/ Spirit Shield base attack
193% - 402-890
197% (upped) - 557-1175

W/ Phoenix Shield base attack
193% - 859-1762
197% (upped) - 1241-2385

So the damage w/ spirit is basically nothing but I also gain a bit of block adding the dex so that offsets the hp loss a bit. But when using phoenix the damage increase is definitely more noticable. If you’re just doing like cows it makes practically no difference as 99% of your damage is light not physical.

Basically decision to upgrade comes down to this
Pros
More physical damage
More Block %
More Defense
More Life leeched

Cons
Higher str/dex requirements
Less Life

3 Likes

Hi ! I did upgrade my ETH 197% ED Titans. But the quantity dropped from 140 to 1 and It don’t replenish… is this a known bug? What should I do? I don’t want to throw the last one and destroy them…

It looks like there’s a thread in the bug report forum about it. The good news is it looks like going into a new game should trigger the replenish.