Is there a secret to lvl 85 farming?

MF can be counter productive, if you are looking for high runes, but otherwise the pits are nice, because pretty much anything can drop. If you’re looking for something specific, you better sacrifice your firstborn child to RNGesus.

1 Like

ill keep at it lol, yeah Im finding decent bases but Ill make that 99% blues

auradin

Like a tesladin using Dreams?

Magic find has diminishing returns for uniques, sets and rares, however keep in mind that the game tries to roll items as unique first.

3 Likes

I think your biggest problem is your expectations. Go in with zero to little expectations, and you’ll never be disappointed. Play for fun, and suddenly things will start dropping. The game doesn’t really like to reward those who expect to be rewarded. It’s true.

9 Likes

In the long run, it boils down to three things:
#1: Survivability and killing monsters as fast as possible.
#2: Stacking as much magic find as you can without sacrificing #1.
#3: Luck of the RNG draw.

Keep in mind, magic find has no effect on rune drops, however more magic find reduces the number of white, socketed and superior items that you find.

It’s like some pseudo quantum superposition, when you are looking for a specific item, they never drop and vice versa. All the unnoticed Ber rune drops make me cringe hard.

1 Like

yes

No

check my guide, maybe you will find some answers there :slight_smile:

dual dream,dragon and hand of justice

1 Like

The secret is to play until your eyes bleed. Then keep playing.

MF’ing is like rolling 10 dice and hoping to get all of them to come up 1’s. Possible but improbable. You just need to keep re-rolling and sooner or later that thing you want will drop.

If you still need some re-assurance on that, go look at all the video’s on YouTube…100 Runs in X area. Sure it’s nice to look at the drops but don’t forget that part about 100 runs, this took me 8 hours.

because a video game knows how the person feels inside.

1 Like

No, but a persons expectations set limits of what is acceptable and what isn’t, which of course is dependent on the individual. Often when the expectations aren’t met no matter how realistic or unreasonable they are, what is expected and reality become transposed out of frustration.

In other words, when expectations aren’t met, some people start losing their marbles.

2 Likes

Its not that lol, my sorc farms fine and drops are about 80% blues in 85 areas with like almost 500mf.Due to my items limiting my mf on the auradin to around 230ish my blue drops are almost 95%.I built the pally solely for faster pit runs and rune farming cause I dont actually have to hit anything.I just run around with charge and everything melts on screen.Its just the drops are oddly crappy compared to what my sorc was finding and she took 4x as long for her to do her runs.Like I said the uniques werent worth keeping on the sorc but they were actually dropping.I saw the graph and Im not sure who came up with that but when I run a sorc with 500ish mf compared to like 300ish my rare and unique drops from bosses are much more frequent,Im also not farming for anything inparticular just for fun

500 MF is hardly better than 300 MF

2 Likes

Idk if you’re joking or not, but either way, it’s true, they do. And yes I know they don’t, but trust me as someone who has been a gamer for 30 years, this is how it works. I wouldn’t lead y’all astray on this, or lie about how the universe works, it’s not in me to do so.

Now I hope we dont have a roll back, after 600ish runs a JAh rune actually dropped in the pit which is the only thing worth keeping unless you consider an 18 life/14 mana SC worth anything lol

1 Like

A decent small charm find for casters. It’s not a 20/17, but still a nice to have.

Nice Jah rune. Cracked sash for it? :smiley:

1 Like

that’s suuuuuuper nice. lol. what a backhanded comment at a GFG charm.

Diablo II does. Pray to RNGeesus.

2 Likes

Ive been at D2r since it dropped day one … I have a Barb, a Sorc, Necro, Paladin, Druid, and a new Strafezon. The only one thats really decently geared is my Frenzy /Thrower which I use on Pits and Trav runs. And he uses gear that most would consider spare items - IK boots, belt, gloves, GImmershreds… Im one tal armor from completing the set for my sorc who cannot run Hell Meph proficiently enough - NO BO !! My rune drops havent been great - I have managed to find the runes for a Hoto and promptly ripped on the way to Hell Meph to some Dolls ( yes I only play HC - and usually solo) …But I did also have a 2nd Tals amulet drop doing NM Cows with my new strafezon yesterday… I think its mostly RNG !!!

2 Likes