Is it required to complete Hell in order to trigger better drops?

I’m currently lvl87 and have been putting off finishing Hell but am wondering if I’m missing out on better gear by not finishing the game out.

:stuck_out_tongue: what do you think the answer is?
What do you WANT the answer to be??

2 Likes

Completion of the storyline has no effect on drops.

The only thing you’ll miss out on is the quest drop for any bosses you haven’t killed for the storyline yet. Quest drops offer a slightly better chance at dropping good items, since quest drops remove junk items from the drop tables.

1 Like

there is no spoon

2 Likes

I know people say that it makes no difference but i was hunting lvl 85 areas in hell for a month and a monarch never dropped for me, not a single one until I completed hell and fired up a cows portal… then bam, a monarch dropped a couple hours later.

It makes no difference.

Yeah you found monarch so? :slight_smile: its just RNG be RNG.

dont listen to any of these earlier posts, they are all wrong.

you actually get better drops for not finishing all of the quests. Smart and skilled players know this fact and how to use it.

No but it should be! Maybe we need better drops at level 97+? With the changes 2.4 brings, I am now an advocate for clearing Catacombs + Andy.

Are you referring to quest drop bug? Its not what op asked about. He asked if he has worse drop in general if he doesnt finish the game.

Other guy talked about finding monarch on cows.

Hey, if you want to know more about mechanics of drop or where to farm you can visit my topic i made exactly for that, to help new players.

I think you missed the point I was making. I’d been looking for a month, no joke. a full month of lvl85 areas and not a single monarch dropped. not until i finished hell, fired up cows and it dropped within an hour.

I didnt miss anything. Its diablo RNG. Dude i dont have game finished i am in act 3 and i found like 4 of them :slight_smile:

Check my guide above for details about drop.

No i get good drops in Stony Tomb easilly and i havent finished even 2nd chapter!

1 Like