Is it possible to get this claw?

Elite claw with
Tiger strike - Dragon tail - something useful

I read somewhere that tier 1 skills will not spawn on the elite claws that drop from mobs. If I use cube to upgrade from low quality then I can get tiger strike BUT it has a max socket of 2 so it is useless.

Should I only aim for +3 dragon tail in this case? Maybe with phoenix strike attached?

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tiger_Strike
+(1-3) Tiger Strike (Assassin Only) can spawn on ilvl <25 Exceptional and Elite claws (Hand Scythe and higher).

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dragon_Tail
+(1-3) Dragon Tail (Assassin Only) can spawn on ilvl >18 Exceptional and Elite claws (Hand Scythe and higher).

So in theory it’d have to be between ilvls 18→24 to roll with both skills, but the useful skill would have to be a lvl 18 or under skill. You couldn’t get say: dragon flight, venom, death sentry, mind blast, etc. Lvl 24 and 30 skills require an ilvl of 25 or more to be able to spawn.

And yes, it’d have to be a Rare Exceptional Level claw, that you then upgrade to Elite level. But at ilvl 24 or under, the other affixes are gonna be pretty bad. For example, to retrain <ilvl24 (for tiger strike), the max enhanced damage roll you can have is 65%. If it rolls 66% ED, it’s now requires ilvl 48, and it can no longer spawn with Tiger Strike.

d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/9k0106x3
if you check out this D2planner link, I’ve created two claws showing this to help explain things better.

+3 Dragon Tail with any other 1 point wonder is always good: venom, death sentry, mind blast, dragon flight, cobra strike.

I am not looking for rare, I just need a base to make Plague so I get +5 dragon tail or tiger strike. At ilvl < 25 and exceptional claw will be hard to come by. I be happy with claw mastery or weapon block.
My build is not following your guide, I don’t have any points in traps. Using Jade talon on offhand for res and upped bartuc on mainhand. If I can get a good claw I would replace the jade talon and make up the res somewhere else

If ilvl of items dropped directly correlates to mlvl then I would need to farm in bloody hills on a1 for ilvl 24 lol

Edit: just checked ilvl of exceptional claws and the lowest start with 28 which means I can’t get tiger strike unless I go the upgrade low quality then make it a rare claw route, but even that route cannot yield +2 asn with +3 tiger strike since the ilvl of the imbued is clvl+4. Am I stuck looking for only +3 dragon tail with other useful skills?

yeap ilvl is tied to mlvl, and looks like you’re correct. I hadn’t considered if there was even a monster possible of dropping a Greater Claw at ilvl 24, and it doesn’t look like there is. The claw only drops in nightmare, starting in the catacombs and thats well above mlvl 24

I have heard people saw claws with LS and claw mastery which shouldn’t happen so maybe it is just very very very rare. Like how holy shield would almost never spawn on scepters unless you hit the jackpot.

I settled for a runic talon with +3 dragon tail. It was very hard to come by.
Also, I’ve been trying to make this build work for a long time since they nerfed it after patch 1.10 in the original d2x.
You will find it lackluster here, even after the recent MA buff.

I maxed Tiger Strike, Phoenix Strike, Dragon Tail, Claw Mastery.
Enough points went to weapon block to get block chance to 56%
Not sure where to put the rest.

I think it may be your gear.
I maxed
tiger strike, phoenix strike, claws of thunder and on my way to maxing blades of ice
1 point into claw mastery, weapon block, burst of speed and fade. have not had the need to use fade yet.

With the amount of plus skills I have BoS gets me 51 ias so I don’t need any from gear. 56 weapon block as well. I have a defiance merc with Infinity so my def is high and mobs don’t hit me as much. I have bartuc on main and jade on offhand for now until I find a good candidate for Plague.

Which part of the build are you having issue with? survival or dps?

It’s probably not having an infinity merc.
Otherwise, my gear is pretty stellar.

Got the infinity merc.
It helps wonders.
I also just found a war fist with +3 dragon tail.
Let me know if you can use.