Is Fury *that* bad?

I’ve been looking at trying a Fury Druid build. I love the concept. I mean who wouldn’t want to run around as a werewolf just crushing everything?

However, I’ve been seeing a lot of people saying it’s a pretty low-tier spec. Is it really that bad compared to other builds?

You will do way more damage with elemental early and it’s much cheaper/easier to get good elemental gear. However, once you get a good unique weapon like Ribcracker for fury spec you destroy bosses quick.

Once reaching in hell, there are so many monsters that nullify the fire.
The one of most advantages of Ele-Dru is a mix of Ice plus physic damages.

According to all streamers/youtubers and very long time players, fury is extremely powerful, and arguably the best melee class in the game, IF extremely geared. So it depends on your definition of bad. You can clear anywhere and kill even ubers but need a lot of gear, like its usual for melee character. I would say if you like it, go for it and just gear along the way. With basic stuff like IK maul you can do hell and farm for better gear. I talked too much but point being is no, its very strong just need some tuning and experience.

3 Likes

nothing nullifies your merc’s reapers proc. #facts

Anyone who says fury is bad or low tier has never played with a properly geared Fury druid. Yes, they’re very gear intensive for end game content, but when you get that gear, nothing, and i mean NOTHING will stop you or kill you. Some would even argue that for endgame content Fury druid is the strongest in the game, bar none. That said it’s not ‘fast’ for speed farming (cant use enigma for example to TP) It is however just about the ONLY class in the game that can kill any mob and farm any zone without having to make any changes in gear or setup at all. Other classes need to avoid certain areas because of immunities (i.e. farm ancient tunnels because it doesn’t spawn X immunity) , worry about packs of difficult mobs instagibbing them, etc. Fury druids can just say “meh” wade in hip deep and maul their way out of ANY spot in the game. If you want to farm keys for ubers, and then do ubers, and you have no one else around, you’re fine, in fact, you’ll probably clear uber tristam faster than any other class out there, by yourself.

The gear you need for a fury druid isnt even that expensive. The costliest “required” piece is going to be draculs, but you dont even care so much about the stats on draculs, what you really want is that proc, so get the cheapest one you can find, and upgrade later. For dealing with physical immune you’re going to want an atma scarab to swap in if you dont have reaper’s toll yet for your merc. Waheed/emilio love to suicide on hydras in travincal, stand in the corpse explosions on nilithak, or waltz happily straight down a tomb viper poison cloud in halls of vaught, so a backup way to break physical immunity is good to have even if you do have Reaper’s toll for your merc.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying fury/rabies build. Fury for single target damage with some cleave, rabies for putting up a strong DoT and a strong cleave. Fury counters the poison immunes and rabies counters the physical immunes. However with this build I see no room for skill points in any summons besides poison creeper, which you need to max for rabies

It is significantly worse than a zealot or smiter in every way.

Is it bad ? no. It has great survivability and a huge life pool, and with the right setup can pump good damage here and there.

Is it the best? Not by a long shot. My fury druid was my uber character for a long time, but it is just so much worse than a paladin, and you can copy and paste that exact phrase into any sentence about any other content.

You can clear all content with it, sure. It is fun too. The return of investment is not there though compared to other builds. But you get to be a werewolf, and that matters.

It basically is bad until you get to endgame so I’d recondmend playing as something else. But once you reach endgame his dps is ridiclous and he has the most hp in the game and high AR (though again smitedin doesnt miss but he can), he can do ubers, he can solo bosses with ease, and he has so mcuh hp and lifesteal esp with maxed feral rage that his hp bar wont even move in hell.

His unique gearing compared to other melee is good too cause they arent as expensive as casters, ribcracker for ubers/bosses and even for reg monsters, upp it and watch the game melt. Once you get call to arms ontop you’ll be seeing 3-4k hp or 5k+ if oak.

Since only weapon is your attack speed, dracs is commonly used since gloves dont give atk speed or laying of hands and you dont need highlords unless you want more deadly blow (but unorthodox choices can be chosen here instead

its super easy to gear even easier then barb as you dont even need grief lol…so the first Lo can be used for fortitude which just shoots your dps another 300%. The only prob is you cannot teleport or use call to arms buffs if a werewolf so either you go fortitude and just have bad mobility or cahnge back to human for to teleport and buff

1 Like

Fury druid can be really good when geared correctly and played right. on classic i use to use a fury druid for uber torch farming and Dclone and imo it was way cheaper and pretty effective in getting the job done. Not to mention they are alot of fun to just solo around with lol

I think the only area Fury might struggle in is PvP but not by much. They’ll tear apart Sorcs, Zons, Sins, Necros but it’s an uphill battle against melee Pallys and Barbs. Especially Smiters. I think Rabies might fair better there.

But PvM, Fury can do anything. Is it as fast as a Sorc? No, but who cares? You want to play a Druid not a Sorc. Fury can MF perfectly fine (get yourself an eth Tomb Reaver for that, woof) and they make excellent Uber farmers

I really like my fury druid and can kill everything up to act 5 hell. No problem with different runs etc. I’m not sure who’s saying it’s bad but it’s not.

1 Like

Yes. Four best in slot items, 1800 health pool, and the thing gets hit twice in hell by a normal mob and dies. It’s probably the most trash build in the whole game. Sucks for me because it was my first toon I made while sorcerer can clear hell naked.

I think if you go fury/rabies build you can do pvp with it. Although pure rabies with feral rage is probably best for pvp I’m guessing. For werewolf druid anyway

I’m running a max geared wolf (upped jalals, fortitude, tomb reaver with a shael, 40% ED jewel, and an ist, Dracs, highlords, dual ravens, dungos, and upped gore riders.) and let me tell you this build does not remind me of anything lower tier I cannot die and I just melt mobs and bosses it’s one of the funnest builds I have ever played. He hits almost 9k fury damage.