Instead of enabling /players 8 online, why not introduce endless difficulty levels?

Once you beat hell you unlock another harder difficulty and so on, until you cant even beat the game. Surely wont happen, probably been discussed, but anyway, I would love the challenge. And slightly improved drops and exp of course.

I already see a big downside, I would make looking for games even messier than it is right now.

and then SP players are going to cry that they don’t have endless difficulty levels too.

there is no way to “win” this argument in favor of new areas and content for a game specifically designed to be a remaster… again what happens when you hit “G” in a new area? just leave these new things for d4. plus what you’re suggesting is straight up rift/grifts so you have the option to enjoy d3…

I love how people who want D2R to change just reply with “fine if you dont change this game will be dead”. classic d2 is still not dead and why does it matter if the game you don’t like died? smh. PvP and the never ending chase for finding the most amazing rares (like an ethereal rare berserker axe with 300% ED, fools mod, 40% IAS, self repair, 2 sockets) are the end goals of this game.

Curious…if you find such a unicorn, then what? You hit your own described “end goal” so do you stop playing, or do you just continue with the “never ending chase?” :thinking:

I would keep playing since that isn’t the only unicorn item that I’m hunting for ^^ also hunting eth weaps with 450% ED, 40% IAS, self repair, 2 socket or bows with amp damage, 450% ED, 40% IAS, 2 zon skills, 2 bow skills or rare eth armor/shield/helm with 200% ED, self repair, 2 sock, 60 life. there’s a bunch more i’m not listing ^^

1 Like

Nothing new, just harder

1 Like

when there are plenty of mobs out there that can permastun or 1 shot a fully built character with perfect gear I don’t think this game would be “improved” by making it “harder”… It just sounds like you guys are bored with d2’s routine :confused:

That’s exact, I am bored and it’s why I play other games right now and I’m enjoying dreaming about improvements on my 1st pc game’s remaster.

I see You use the forums a lot more than me and You seem to have merged my idea with other things that displease You. I never suggested new areas, never said the game would die because of a lack of change. I still played OG D2 on and off since it’s release and stability is something I do enjoy. The ever changing metas and powercreep of games with a lot of new content each patch is something that horrifies me.

Yet, I would like a challenge in this game. I’m very far from a perfect build with my main char and everything is far beyond easy.

Why is it, that players like you simply cannot see what is coming next?

If you increase difficulty, packed with more drops or xp, then already OP characters (Blizz Sorc, Hammerdin, Java, etc) will do even better and everybody will play them. You kill almost the complete diversity in D2. Melee classes will completely vanish. Fun builds will die instantly.

People want to play together. Thus, if your build cannot survive or do damage, you skip it.

Your tiny change, where you cannot see a big downside, would instantly destroy the entire games soul…just for your information.

2 Likes

Any class can be efficient but, as OP as Sorc and Pally can be they are matched by other classes in terms of raw damage or even outmatched in certain cases. The fallacy that only pally and sorc are powerful in this game is just that: a fallacy.

That said endless content with increased drop rates will clealry kill this game. This works in D3 because theres no economy but if you make somthing where lootrains this game will just loose in the end.

So no, I play sorc, pally (and amazon, and assassin and necro…) and I don’t want some sort of endless dungeon ala rift in D3. If I want to play this kind of content I play D3.

That’s one of the worst analogy I read in this forum and that’s saying something…

This explains why pally and sorc itens like skillers and torchs are so valuable compared to others

“That just means those two are more popular”

Thats the symptom, whats the cause?

“Its bc of their cute face”

Suuuuuure

The truth always bother someone

Yeah, better drops are unsafe indeed. I mainly want challenge.

1 Like

Fortnite is one of the most popular games ever doe that mean it is the best?

Suuuuure

Fact is Sorc is, with trapsin and javazon, one of the easiest class to play with crap gear + sorc has teleport, hence why it is popular, same for the hammerdin that can pretty much farm the whole game with one skill. Ease of play is teh key here.

Does not mean other classes are not able to but it takes knowledge (something the general population clearly lacks) and, for some classes, better / more specialized gear.

It did not bother me, it would have made me laugh if it was not that pathetic tbh.

i did not said they are the only viable choice…i said they are the best
i think the problem is that you are taking the actual end game and using it as a base for your argument
now take all specs in the game and put then on an endless difficulty system, use d3 gr for reference…
would they still perform the same?

are you sure? u seem triggered

someone has to have fun

And you’re wrong. They are the easiest to play and most people will go for easy most of the time aka most popular.

Don’t get me wrong, I also play Sorc and I have fun playing Sorc but is that the best character in game? Not by a long shot.

Oh yea I’m pretty sure but who knows, you might know my state of mind better than me … wait.

i think we are discussing how salty we like our food
for me the best is the most efficient regardless being popular

what you think, i dont know, you didnt made it clear

impossible, im wearing my tinfoil hat

says Leon to Ashley.

I believe Diablo 3 is a game for you. Hope you enjoy!

its nice to trigger people in a way they need to abuse the flag system to remove your post

a new ear for my collection

Why don’t you just go play d3 instead?