Increase base damage on all weapons

It doesn’t have to be but Steel is worthless at 13. Some better alternatives to both Steel and Strength:

All of these uniques have crushing blow and/or open wounds:

Rixot’s Keen (25% crushing) requires level 2
The Gnasher (20% crushing, 50% open wounds) requires level 5
Kneel Striker (25% crushing) requires level 5
Blood Crescent (33% open wounds) requires level 7
Crushflange (33% crushing) requires level 9
Bloodrise (25% crushing) requires level 15

The enhanced damage on all of these also far exceed both Steel and Strength

On the set side of things, Isenhart’s Lightbrand requires level 6 and Civerb’s Cudgel is level 9. Both of these have amazing weapon damage for their level requirements.

My favorite starting weapon is actually Khalim’s Will with Horadric Staff being runner up. Blizzard doesn’t want you using these apparently as neither can be transferred via shared stash.

The point wasn’t whether they should be better than sets, the point was that these 2 socket weapon runewords are the most pitiful in the game. They can’t even hold up to a level 2 unique. Furthermore, physical damage classes have virtually no real runeword options early to mid game.

Leaf is amazing for caster, Spirit is also stellar. Insight also provides massive damage for your merc while providing amazing mana regen when your gear is lacking early game.

Melee, on the other hand, has no viable runewords until Unbending Will at level 41 (in 2.4 ladder only patch) or Oath at level 49 in live game.

I suppose bowzons and SS druids can take advantage of Insight in the coming patch… :rofl:

Spirit is too strong for its low runes. It should cost like Ist/Gul. Making every sorc orb, staff, claws obsolete early game.
Insight is also pretty strong. I dont know much about Leaf.
I dont like making runewords strong as these ones.

100 Str - Lose 500 hp and gain 800 dps for frenzy no thankslose 500 hp and gain 800 dps for frenzy no thanks.
Mob will kill me faster than 800 dps will help me kill him.

it was an argument to str and dex “not giving additional bonuses”

it’s your choice to not invest into them, but they are useful

Maybe so, but I want to test it on the PTR. Where changes to stat systems would be made.