Importing diablo 2 characters

It doesn’t sound like it.

Open Bnet, TCP/IP and LAN play were never my primary mode of play, but I always found them situationally really useful, so I’m sad to see them go.

One advantage of having SP characters able to play with others was that if you play infrequently, keeping your Bnet characters refreshed was a pain. A buddy and I started playing some characters at the beginning of this year, got to NM Act 3, then got busy (we both have families with young kids) and when we went to come back to it, his account was gone. We talked about moving to SP and using TCP/IP but then decided just to wait for D2:R.

At least with D2:R, characters will no longer need to be permed, and won’t expire, so using an online character, even if you only solo, is an okay solution for those who intend to always have an internet connection, but I realize one of the advantages of SP is not needing one.

Just had to remove the “.” from Bnet in two places so this forum didn’t think I was trying to post a link! Can’t wait for TL3!

1 Like

Good info, ty. Waiting a bit more to see the best way to deal with plugy characters.

1 Like

I might be blind, but neither my D2 nor my D2R folders have any files named after any SP characters. The closest I have is a “d2char.mpq” file in d2, but moving this to D2r does nothing.

Any ideas?

Yeah, I ran into that initially. There is a Saved Games folder somewhere in your computer that has the characters (at least for me). My best suggestion is to go into D2R, create a brand new character with some crazy name, then search for that name on whatever drive you installed D2R on. If you get a hit, that’s where your characters are stored for D2R.

That same Saved Games folder has both D2 and D2R characters, at least for me.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

The save game folder for resurrected for me is found in documents/user/[name]/saved games/diablo 2 resurrected

1 Like

That did it! Thanks!

2 Likes

search your computer for your character name and you’ll find the directory.

I’ve imported my old characters into D2R, tried to play but their progress and stash are not saved, if you reload the game old characters returned to their initial state, the interesting thing is that shared stash actually saved.

Did you read the sticky note about not having online and offline characters with the same name?

This issue was fixed after the recent update, but thank you anyway!

This doesn’t work any more with the new 2.4 patch. Whether intended or not, I don’t know.