If all players abided by the EULA, we wouldn't be having these problems

Try sticking to the argument instead of making ad hominem comments about the person making them.

2 Likes

As in, Blizzard being unable to do anything to stop it.

Now we know you don’t know what you are talking about.

When the CatDupe was made public, everyone with a desire to dupe did and after 3/4 months there was a patch that took the CatDupe down.

So Blizzard was able to do something about it.

Also, the guy the owned the soj servers for two seasons + was taken down, although it did take over a year and a half. (i.e. whenever “Diablo Walks the Earth” you had 7 to 12 seconds to get your anni or server down.)

Sorry. I have the habit of sometimes assuming that people like myself have common sense.

@Shivan And what about the bots? What about the force rollbacks to dupe/re-UNID items?

While I realize they don’t give details about exploits and how they get fixed, these crashes and Blizzard’s incompetent response to them look more like unstable hardware or code.

Most people are able to make their argument without trying to misdirect to be about the other person :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My point is still valid: If people weren’t doing things that violate the EULA, otherwise NOT playing the game as intended, we wouldn’t be experiencing these problems.

I have better things to do than sit here and argue with you.

You are the OP.

You made the post.

So Indeed you must take the time to answer all the posts to you.

You appear as a big time “Fanboy”

Unless you can present clear evidence that exploits are the cause of the daily crashes then that is merely your opinion, not a fact.

1 Like

Common sense also says that if you don’t have proof of something, it is best not to make a factual declarative post about it.

You can speculate all you want. You don’t have any data proving that people are intentionally crashing servers for nefarious purposes.

All we know right now is that during the Global player peak times the servers go belly up. Period. That is all we know right now. WHY the game or servers (or both?) have issues with the volume is unknown on our (player) side.

Given accounts all get rolled back and anything someone “got” is taken away, trying to crash them globally would be just plain silly. You can’t target a region or rollback time to scheme something like that.

6 Likes

That’s me, I’m a fan of Diablo, as we all are. What I’m not a fan of are cheaters, which I think we can also all agree on.

In other words you can’t qualify your claim and tie people selling an item on ebay to bringing down the server.

We have no idea if it is happening from botting, or internal issues blizzard is having. You just decided to make the leap and call it factual with no real evidence.

1 Like

You keep saying JSP. I said eBay. JSP =/= eBay.

Cool story doesn’t change anything else about what I said. You have a big case full of nothing.

1 Like

As time rolls on, we’ll see.

Yeah which was the whole original point that your ego was too stubborn to concede.

We have no idea the real cause because blizzard either sucks at communicating, or is keeping close to their chest, or both.

2 Likes

I can’t help but think this has to do with all the people screaming against any sort of change with the hope that they could take advantage of the loopholes that existed 15-20 years ago in D2R.

Every single online game in existence has hackers and cheats. Nothing new. But those games have a MUCH higher server demand and MUCH higher player volume then D2R does. Apex Legends has a HUGE asian player base as well as people around the world. Call Of duty War Zone is a very high demand on servers and system and full of cheaters. So how do they manage to keep their servers up and not experience down time daily with high server volume?
2 kinds of people in the world. Excuse people and solutions people. Tired of the excuses for a low demand game being such a load on servers, EVEN with hackers and cheats. Still does not change the fact we were told these issues would not exist on new servers.

1 Like

Or its because they like the game as intended. The new servers were supposed to stop those exploits, not game changes. So this moron is blaming D2 purists for all this? Purists are the opposite of cheaters you low IQ imbecile. You have a twisted definition of purist. Purist are against cheats. Hense the word PURE