Idea for cubing essences / charms

Yeah, it’s purely RNG. Having the means to clear dozens of boss runs within the hour should mean it’s faster to farm out a token than to level a fresh character, but it pretty often not the case when I look back on essence drop rates for the hours spent clearing them. They’re supposed to be 1/12 drops or something along those lines, but that’s not reflected in the drops, in my experience.

Nah that would be too much. But how about selling 3 Annis to spawn 1 clone in only your game?

It would give bad rolls a 2nd roll and reduce the Annis dropped on the floor.

Sounds great. It allows new players to find more normal/nightmare games.

Not really, only if you don’t know what you are doing.

Not really. If you solo to hell it takes you a few hours. Even with Grush + lvling we are talking about 2hours + depending on your char level. That’s a lot of time to farm essences. Only baal essence is a little annoying because you have to go through the wave timers. but there is also trade.

Guess it’s another get good problem or a zoom zoom problem. I really miss the times when there were no tokens/repecs.

2 Likes

The quickest way from normal through hell finish eats 2 respecs on any given build.

This is plainly untrue. It can easily take more than a few hours, even doing 10 or so full clears each hour, to get one of each essence for a token. With how quickly a new character can be brought up to 80, you end up in a situation where it would have been faster to level a new character than to farm out the token.

More dogwater takes from you, but it’s unsurprising.

Yeah it’s unsurprising that you still have no clue about the game and just cry about anything.

I get it. You prefer the game in a state that eats as much time as your empty life provides. It gives you an edge, and it lets you validate yourself, through your D2 accomplishments. When people explain to you why these systems are old and flawed, you offer no rebuttal than to call them bad, and tell them they whine, and that they need to get good. Because that’s all you have, you’re good at D2 and they’re not. It’s all you need in this life, telling people that they’re bad at a 20 year old video game and that you’re good at it. You’re so good at it that you don’t need to explain any of your positions or opinions on the game beyond “get good” or “crying” or “you’re clueless”.

It’s a sick life bro, I’m jealous.

You really don’t get it.

Nope. But it’s an easy game and not hard to learn. You say that you can easily get a new char to lvl 80, but complain that a token that might be more useful on a lvl 9x char which takes more time than to farm a few tokens. You are a sad little troll that failed to learn a 20+ year old game and you complain about problems that aren’t a problem.

You also ignore any argument brought up against the nonsense you spread here, that’s why I don’t really care to explain to you why you suck at the game.

I casualy play this game on average less than 1 hour per day and I’m still more successful at it than you. I don’t need to permanently cry about the game design like you do. You cry that you have to play the game to progress in it.

You should really move on to a different game if this game is so hard on you. But I get it, you really really want to be successful once in your life, but you can’t even do it in a 20+ year old game.

I’m really sorry for you.

1 Like

I remember asking, so I’m glad you told me all of this. I’m wearing sunglasses inside so I can be this cool one day.

Lol, come on… Just because you saw this on MrLLama’s video’s, doesnt make it true. Learn the game a bit more for yourself, and you will see you can get through just fine without even a single one.

They are a convenience, not a game requirement.

I didn’t say “the only”, I said “the quickest”. The whole discussion was about time investment. You ignored what I said to make an irrelevant point.

Nope. You stated it as an overall statement just to get norm through hell. You backpaddled and added “quickest” later when we called you out on your nonsense.

Yeah you did, as Odin said already. You were clear in the context of your statement, and I just compared it to a well known speedrunner who re-specs to get through the game “quicker”

Nice try on the back pedal

Reading is hard, guys.

seems hard to you, I already quoted you twice

Quoted myself as well. You were wrong, again. Honk on, buddy.

You quoted your backpaddle. Pathetic.

You behave like a little kid. Guess it’s time for the ignorelist. You are not capable of having an adult discussion.

1 Like

I’ll have your kind of “adult discussion”.

Whew, look at all this deep, “adult” discussion. Make sure you a grab a wig to go with that nose. Game is barely out for a year and you’re pumping out over 3.2k posts. I’ll bet your life is a amazing, you sure got me, honk honk brother.

Not every class uses 2. Most use just 1. But after ladder start you don’t need to use any when making a new character if you’re playing with others. As for time spent finding a respec vs grush+chaos 1-80 they’re probably actually the same you’re right. But perhaps you’re repecing far too often or not willing to trade for the essences?

So I don’t respec as often as I should, but on ladder currently I have 18 tokens and that was without trying, with far too many reds to ever use. I do get that gear changes a lot very early on, but if you’re limited on a certain asset perhaps you shouldn’t use all of it and perhaps over invest even if it is a slight downgrade to your lifepool.

I don’t disagree at all. I said the time it takes to farm a token is wonky given how quickly a character can be remade, and the forum hall monitor walked in to let everyone know how much D2 he’s played for the past 20 years. He then proceeded to derail the thread, scaling linearly with his butthurt.

Yeah… I’m not stepping into the middle of that lol

Yeah I get that it is wonky a bit especially if your build is bad at doing baal or chaos it can be slow going finding those essences, but you do have options. Trading, conserving resets, and eventually farming tokens.

3x same skill GC with SoH = one new random skill GC .
Example 3x Nec Curse Gc could become Amazon Passive skill Gc etc etc.

Crafting ethereal weapons. At the moment 1x P ruby 1x ort 1x Jewel and a magic Berzerk axe rolls a crafted berzerk axe. This item can not be ethereal, want to change it.

No longer needs to be magic, can be white, grey, magic or rare, also want to add more weapon types to list including PB , CB’S not just Zerks.

Collecting blue zerks is not a easy thing for a craft that can not be ethereal.