I wish that there were more build-defining items

Like the Chaos runeword for the Assassin. I don’t care if D2R has gotten too easy or if they never balance another skill again, I just wish that they added like 300 unique items / runewords so that we could go crazy with theory crafting again.

1 Like

you can go crazy in d4 m8t.
seems that d2r is NOT your kind of game ^^

Passion is waiting for you to play a Sorc.

D2 really can’t and shouldn’t go to dramatic with the changes or they will need multiple versions going to keep the same gameplay slogan.

However, in D4 I hope rares are more general but can out Stat others, sets are more meaningful towards certain builds, uniques can amplify or change rare and set setups… something that changes up the item classes more towards build goals but in D2 they are semi limited.

but hilariously that is how D3 started and people complained. I remember selling many rares for the maximum $250 price you could set while the AH was up. There were enough cry babies who cried about how hell difficulty was too hard and how most legendary items “sucked” (kinda like many unique items in d2 especially post 1.10) hence the major changes to make set items/legs standard BIS equipment along with giving them crazy on hit mods…

considering how many cry babies there are with d2r in regards to how they feel pigeonholed with certain runewords, how d2’s uniques items are too “weak”, drop rate cry babies, and since most d2r players seem to fail to understand that certain rares with specific combinations of mods are the ultimate items to find, I don’t think it bodes well for d4’s itemization…my bet is it will follow what d3/immortal have developed so legs & sets will continue to be the ultimate items to get…

D3 was a whole different monster, drops tied to amounts, items impossible to get, and believe me I’m a grinder, but dealing with that act 2 mosquito was enough to drive any man mad.

It was D3 flip edition after that point.

2 Likes

Game needs more Oskill

It also needs to improve existing Oskill, charges and triggers

Like rework the synergy system to be global like this

Or simply make them come with fully synergized skills

So your Hydra on dragonscale is considered to have firebolt and fireball at lvl20 hard

On top of that there are small changes that would allow some items to be build defining

• remaining stamina being a vector of +attack damage

• arrows effect now stack: allows bows with “shoots X arrows” to become interesting and their one play style

• Knockback is now a vector of splash damage: this allows items with Knockback to deal aoe damage, something pretty unique for melee builds

Also, no point in adding new stuff

The existing itemization is so garbage that there’s plenty of room to modify items to become build defining

Also, don’t except blizzard to release new runewords that shake up the meta… look at 2.4… I wasn’t expecting such flavourless items lol