I have lost my progress in offline mode

Blizzard… u have failed again, i have lost like 8 levels on my assassin offline mode, i have lost a lof of equipment and a lot of time - and i took a day free of work to play Diablo 2 again…wtf Blizzard? Fix your game!

Offline characters are saved locally. If you’re on PC you can access the save files directly. You can’t just lose progress like that, literally everything you do gets saved.

Are you sure you’re not confusing your offline and online characters? They are entirely separate.

I’m sure im not confused about my online/offline characters, i was playing online only a short period of time (lvl 9), my offline char was lvl 18 (farming baroness at /players 8 for runes). im not even very worried about my levels lost but i had so many good early runes already… i thought offline characters are safe to play…

They are. The only thing that could possibly cause an issue like this is if the game crashed while it was writing to the save file, or if there was corruption on disk i.e. bad sectors etc.

Online, there are other possibilities. But offline, that’s about the whole of it.

They are. The only thing that could possibly cause an issue like this is if the game crashed while it was writing to the save file, or if there was corruption on disk i.e. bad sectors etc.

Online, there are other possibilities. But offline, that’s about the whole of it.

A sensible assumption, but the recent status update would seem to suggest that isn’t the case here.

Nonetheless it sounds like a fix is coming. For the time being they advise people not to use the same name for online and offline characters. Though that doesn’t seem the only issue at play here.

Same thing happened to me - last night I played my offline character up to where Charsi asks you to retrieve her hammer from the monastery. Just loaded it up and I’m back at the quest to kill Blood Raven.

My character inventory is reset. However, the gear in my shared stash is all stuff I found last night.

Interesting… the status update @NullProperty posted does seem to be related to my issue - I had an online character with the same name, but I deleted her.

Now i have been deleveled from act 4 to act 3 beginning, from 31 to 26 lvl…Blizzard… fix it pls :(((