I can confirm no ladder at launch

Excellent, where can I see this?

it’s one of the pinned threads just posted at the top of general discussion

Edit: thread is called [Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder & Patch Update]

I honestly don’t know what the big deal is. I expected ladder to start later on since D2R was announced. I just consider the launch to be the first public test realm.

Aha, got it, thanks. Yea don’t know how to feel about it, I am glad for the clarification, but with ladder only stuff being available in non-ladder, it strips the prestige off of it.

i don’t have a strong opinion on the ladder rune words being in non-ladder or not. I mainly play ladder just for the fresh start it brings

Oh yea, I love the fresh start. I might make a SC char at launch and then when ladder starts make a HC frenzy barb on ladder.

Personally I feel this is right. Ladder is a huge thing for D2 and because of what ladder is, if it was released at launch, I can see the forums flooded with whiners about ladder and all the bugs etc. Blizzard is smart in first launching the game normal and working out a lot of the issues and then once it is in a good spot then add Ladder.

Patience.

Hey, are you in a clan? If not, would you be up for joining one? You seem like someone who would fit in nicely with us.

We will see… what this essentially means is that we all paid 40$ to participate in a full game Charlie Test come Sept 23rd…
Bring it on I guess! Ill start some legacy characters and save the Sorc/Paly for Ladder launch.

I’ve seen the phrase ‘legacy character’ be used afew times, what does it mean?

I think it is nice. My current characters are ladder ones, but I understand why this change was made.

Don’t you worry they said that for war craft 3 reforged too hahaha , and it’s been over a year.

Different team Lonesol, and just because Blizzard made a mistake there, doesn’t mean they will here.

What ever you gotta tell your self, don’t let reality get in your way.

Non-Ladder characters you build over time, farming them items from Ladder, making them the best as possible, PVP characters, ect. I have my 99 Paladin on LOD from 2004 still and a Zon from… maybe 03? I still swap out charms or gear and occasionally wack the Chaos Sanc with them.

Well… I’m not, now am I? One, it’s a different team working on it, fact, and two, just because a mistake was made by a company at one time, does not mean that they will make a mistake at another time, people tend to learn from mistakes, another fact.

Haha that is not a fact, just look at you blizzard already showed how much they care about remakes, with wcr, removing tcp ip, sending private investigators to stop people from modding, and here you are not learning anything from it.

Most people don’t learn from mistakes, that is as make believe as your idea the ladder is coming in a week. Most people live in la la land, of their own creation that supports thier beliefs, with adding in they don’t make mistakes.

It’s no different than the people who still give the people over at star citizen money haha, even though it’s been like 10 years passed the release date.

Next you’ll tell me how they will stop cheating, fix all the bugs, with zero bots and hacks at launch cause they learned from the mistakes.

Nobody believes that ladder is coming in a week, we got an update on that some time ago, in fact it was my own discussion with Rod Furgesson that broke the fact that we won’t be launching with ladder, so only you know what the hell you are talking about here.

So don’t play Blizzard games then, if you have such a toxic view on the company, refund your game and play something from a company you do like.

Sure they do, I am guessing you are using your own life experiences on this.

Okay so, with that, I think we are done here. This is definitely a strange situation because for the first time in my life, I have no idea what on Earth you are whining about, as usually I have some clue, but you lurch from ladder, to people to blizzard to Warcraft III and then back again to the point where, I don’t actually know (or care) what your problem is, but through sheer force of will, I have given you some solid solutions for whatever the problem is.

But I do know that we are done here, don’t respond to me, I’ll just ignore it.

Did you bother to ask him if ladder only uniques / runewords are going global?

Because that would remedy a lot of issues with this… 100% of the reason people want ladder available is because it’s literally allowing access to 100% of the games gear functionality.

No one asked you for a solution to a problem.