I always quit D2 for the same reason

i love immunities, they are a challange even for good equipment.
There are several ways to beat immunities or bypass them.

Why not nerf everything. Do you think that would be fun? NO!!

“enjoy immunes”? Not really. But it’s not exactly rocket science to build a character of each class that can handle the issue. Or learn that if you build single element that your farming on that character is restricted to different zones. Sooooo complicated.

As you can see in this poll

You are not only ans don’t get disparaged by sad soul purists

https://strawpoll.com/voywe9bdr

I get the immunes, but would be nice if there were more versatile ways to break them. Maybe if Pfizer worked for Blizzard they could help solve this dilemma.

The Pfizer Dirk - “Jabbing enemies caused +346 side effect damage over 5 years”.

1 Like

If you keep coming back for 2 decades to a game you dislike because you can’t find anything better to do with your time… I think we all know who to feel sorry for.

I’d recommend you dont get excited for new ladders, play non-ladder only. never relevel a class you already have… just get respec tokens… make 1 build per class… gear up those builds so you dont have to swap gear around to play them, and if you get bored, well its cause you find the game boring.

a new ladder item, a new economy, playing with temporary friends aint gunna fix the core fun of the game over a longer period of time

the only time i’d ever play ladder is if I were to sell ladder items for jspcurrency then rebuy items on non-ladder… which if you look at all that time on ladder, it’s just a waste of not progressing your non-ladder characters…

like i said before… youll run into the same trap… the game will get boring and youll takeka break, reguardless of anything they do to the game… so why spend 1000’s of hours leveling like 10-20 sorc? just because a new ladder comes out? guess what youll hit a certain point and quit again… so unless you like the leveling part, dont bother with ladder, it’s a trap

Every selection has its ups and downs, like the sorc can tele, whilst no one else can, are you complaining about that as well?
A Necro is probably the only character that has no problems with any immunes. But that is it. So think of it that way, you are superfast, whilst the people who play other characters have to walk and are much slower. Yet you cannot have all the goodies…THAT would be unfair!

I’ve never had a problem clearing all content with my sorc and I pump 20 points into Telekenisis.

You’re doing something wrong with your dual spec

Or you’re single spec because mrllama told you to pump all synergies and you can’t comprehend the importance of what immunities being to the balance of PvE

Oh come on, man up!
I have an Amazon that can’t get through Mephisto due to her Lightning Fury no work on lightning immunes. She sits there until I can either get the negative resist helm or the conviction aura Merc. She might be there a long time! Ha, I got other tunes to play, each has there own immune drama, most have alternate kill mechanisms to deal with it!

Yeah, it’s terrible. Hard immunities are a dumb mechanic imo. I’m all for monsters being resistant to an element, but not being able to damage them at all just feels awful. Depending on a merc or skipping them is just bad game design.

3 Likes

I must be dumb.
Every character has ability to deal different damage, and is able to weapon swap.
If your main is A-damage with Y-skill… why is not weapon swap B-damage with Z-skill?

I guess if you are running around with CTA on swap… but then, that is a choice.

Ah so d3 proves this right? You’ve killed every elite pack in 150 grifts right? So you want to be able to damage them but are ok with it taking forever. Oh that isn’t satisfactory either, you want to be able to kill everything in a couple seconds with any build. Then what is the point of getting end game gear like Infinity? And WHY do you feel the need to clear every single monster…? You’re going to create a new game anyways… jfc smh

Who said that? There are many problems with D3. I’d say take a look at PoE. Yes, I should be able to at least damage every monster. Even if it takes me a while to kill the resistant monsters. Gear like infinity still makes you kill things more quickly btw, conviction is still worth it. If you like skipping monsters because you can’t damage them at all, that’s great for you. A lot of us see how the design is bad. Go take a fire sorc into hell chaos and then get back to me.

2 Likes

Try an infinity since ur sorc

Then play PoE! Why can’t we have 2 different games for different gamers??? Why does one or the other have to change and morph into something else, smh… I have beaten the game solo with many many many sorcs including fire and fire dual spec, no problems. I make sure my merc is strong & have static shock & skip certain champion or unique packs, and guess what I can still kill diablo, baal, meph, Andy! And I’ve found more than Sol runes, game goes on!

You only have to skip if you are putting all your points to synergize one skill.

The game is designed around all heroes having 3 types of damage or more

Synergies we’re never intended to have players prioritize one skill

1 Like

They won’t change immunities in D2R. You can recognize that hard immunities suck though.

In 20+ years never had a single problem with them. I don’t become a cry baby if I need to skip a pack.

And like everyone is asking why do you feel the need that you need to max all the synergies for just one type of attack, this is PvM not PvP… how does static shock + merc not take care of immunes…

Uh… that’s exactly what synergies did to most builds. Yes, hybrids can exist, but they’re far less efficient in terms of speed etc. It’s why they don’t exist for PVP like at all.