I Actually Like The New Changes

Let’s see how it does in PTR and give feedback. This gives build diversity as opposed to, “Okay I need a nigma and be paladin to be competitive” or “Okay I can only run cold or lightning sorc with infinity”

If you look at it this way, if they nerfed hammerdins you all would go ballistic… So by leveling the playing field IMO, this is great.

I imagine it’ll be a super rare drop like HRS to get the charms anyway. You act like it’s going to be common. We don’t know the specifics.

For me, It would be kind of cool to go full fire druid and just stomp on Trav or just go through Chaos.

Or, on the other hand, I could make a bone necro! And it actually be good haha

I see both sides, but until we test it I don’t see a need in complaining.

How about this for a suggestion D2R team, how about instead of being -95% of the same element, how about randomizing it?

Say I loot a -95% Fire Sunder, what if, to me, it was say -95% lightning
Instead of being -95% fire on the monster & myself - just randomize it

Thoughts everyone?

It does not creat build diversity it kills it.

100% garuntee everyone will make a lightning sorc.

A thread on how to make these Sunder charms actually something not broken but usable:

Ok, changes i would make to those charms (assuming they are a going live) - PTR Feedback - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

If I understand it correctly, the charms set the resistance of immune monsters to 95%. In that case, there is literally no incentive to go for such a charm, if your character isn’t able to further lower the resistance. Unless you want to spend an inefficient amount of time grinding the mob’s health down.

Yeah op understood it wrong, its not -95% to res, it just sets immune mob’s res to 95%.

Right, cold sorceress is all you need to roll from beginning to end. Build diversity is over, as far as a motivation to farm different areas.

For maximization I can agree.

It’ll likely allow some builds to perform more to a “B” or so level though. I’m interested to see what it can do for those “fun builds I love using” but it’ll definitely create a higher gap on top-tier builds I’d imagine