Hustle - Consider Last Minute Changes

Well. I think that is now finally giving the melee char a privilege comparable to sorceress teleport.

As a guy that makes fury druid every season, I really hope that is the case…

You don’t know much about bowazons

The point of this thread is to ensure Hustle weapon is in a good spot. I understand melee is struggling, but that is beyond the scope of this discussion. Please keep this constructive.

Sure but the original point of this weapon was to make it a prebuff for melee.

Everyone complained about prebuffing because they realized it was too cumbersome to juggle hustle and cta or whatever else they think they need to have on swap, so the devs nerfed it tk appease the whiners.

Harmony is still a better bow than this so its still a prebuff weapon.

Passion is still a better weapon than this. So is oath and honestly so is black because black has crushing blow.

Hustle was never designed to be something you wanted to actually use on your main weapon set. And now the fanaticism aura may make it a more attractive option for mercenaries and not actually the melee builds it was designed to be used by.

A lvl 1 fanat is too small for it to matter for bowzons or melee because mercenaries are slow and never catch up to you if you run around like you should as a melee player. Which means the great ias buff that the lvl 9 bos gave will be active like 50% of the time if you still prebuff swap hustle and run one on your mercenary for that laughable lvl 1 fanaticism aura.

So now we have this rw thats a mediocre prebuff and a still mediocre main swap weapon that no melee or bowzon will actively use on the main swap given the already existing alternatives.

The only way to make this rw useable as a midgame runeword is if the fanaticism aura was a higher level, simply to ensure that the radius isn’t god awful.

2 Likes

Thats why they should:

1. make melee equivalent of Spirit and melee would still be far ahread from casters, but semi “viable”

2. add prebuff BoS which would make many weapons/builds viable and melee would still… <<<< dogs sh1t <<<< casters. “Viable”.

this rdm medicore RW doesnt make any sense:

1. very small minority will use it due to STRONK buffed armor
  2. there is Beast for Fanaticism
  3. this would slightly buff already STRONK builds like SummonCE which they absolutely nn any buffs
  4. after few days every1 who use it will forget about this 1lvl BoS and 1 or even 3-4 lvl Fana LOL

This seems to be a duplicate of this thread.

No it wasn’t. The intent of the hustle runeword is stated in the patch notes as follows. From DIABLO II: RESURRECTED PTR 2.6 | HAS ENDED

So they add a fanaticism aura that does nothing for mobility.

Stop looking at what the devs say and look what they do.

And if this is suppose to be an early mobility option then why does it require a ko rune when now a harmony, which also requires a ko, provides a better movement speed buff?

2 Likes

Burst of Speed

Run/Walk Speed +23% at level 1. Try again.

Try making a Harmony in a 4 socket Conquest Sword. You might be disappointed with the results.

Agreed. The main problem is the radius is too limited to be useful at 7.3 yards, and needs to be expanded to a workable radius for minions and mercs.

So then you admit its a prebuff weapon because the only way that melee are going to use hustle as it is is to swap and proc the BoS :laughing:

And my point still stands, harmony provides a better speed bonus than a lvl 1 bos and still costs a ko.

1 Like

Never said anything like that at all. Make Hustle in a sword. I guarantee you it gives better results than trying to make Harmony in a sword.

See here’s your problem: you’ve never actually played a melee build from start to end game, SSF have you?

Every melee build is going to run black flails on their main hand still and if they ever make a hustle it will still be to swap ctc the burst of speed and still use their black flails, strength/bonesnap/ whatever has crushing blow.

They might make a hustle for their mercenary, but if you’re towards the end of nightmare starting hell, a lawbringer would be better. And at this point you’re going to start farming hell countess where that KO rune has the most reliable chance of dropping. And at this point you’re better off farming countess for mal and pul for an oath.

So do you see? Hustle as it is is largely useless for melee. If the fanaticism was a higher level then it might be a good option on a merc for a while. To be a good mobility option for melee the Ko needs to be changed to something like a SOL rune. As it stands the KO rune is too expensive for an “early mobility” option when you can already make a harmony in a bow (no idea why you’re pretending i dont know its a bow runeword) which also provides a faster speed bonus then a lvl 1 BoS does now.

1 Like

5% CtC 1lvl BoS is not very helpful from mobility perspective :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. You’re purposely misinterpreting the things I do say while ignoring other things I do say to create a false narrative. There’s no point talking sense into you anymore.

I never said melee builds don’t deserve some kind of buffs. How many times do I have to repeat this?

I mean, you’re doing just that trying to throw “gotchas” at me.

You could also answer my question? Have you ever played a melee character from start to end SSF?

This iteration of hustle has pretty much no use on a melee playthrough unless you just happen to get luckily enough to find a bunch of ko runes that you have enough to make a hustle over wealth, lawbringer, or even harmony (if you really cared about mobility as a melee player).

You see, melee has so many dam problems that mobility is the least of their concerns. What is a problem for them is the fact that 90% of the weapons in the game are so slow they are unusable. The old hustle alleviated that problem!

Yes, zealot and fendazon. Your point?

And now it’s nerfed because it was a dumb change. Bye.

Oh so you havent played a barb or shaper druid SSF to end game.

You should try it, you might gain some empathy and understanding as to why hustle is now worthless to the very melee builds that needed the most help.

Good to know that you think allowing most unique weapons and rws in the game to become viable for melee during a play through is a dumb change

1 Like

Such a low bar to brag about…

Level 30 Fant is 37% SIAS and 271% party damage. Level 85 might merc runs level 25 Might Aura which provides 280% ED.

Your net gain is 37% SIAS which might increase DPS a maximum of 20% on a good day.

Good luck beating any sorc running your A5 merc :rofl:

3 Likes

I will after YOU gain some basic comprehension skills and actually discuss things in good faith, because you clearly haven’t understood anything or you’re actively trying to misrepresent everything I’m saying in the midst of your baby tantrums.

Stop thinking with your ego and start thinking with your brain like an adult. Not hard.

I agree on that point.