How to improve diablo 2 - I need your feedback

Currently, my most important change would be a loot filter that you can personalize. My idea would be that you have an ingame library, in which you can also find many things that you have today on external websites (sockets or min/max damage/def). There you can also set the display names that you see when items drop. Notifications for drops I think it does not need if you can adjust the texts accordingly. Important for me would be the text color.

The big advantage I see here is that everyone can individualize this wonderful game for themselves. And at the same time a database can be found in the game and you do not waste your time in the browser again.

The decision whether abilities or items change I would like to leave with Blizzard because your personal evaluation of it just takes too much influence. In general, I would be happy if the less played builds would receive more attention, here we are with the last patch but on the right path.

off the top of my head: more inventory space and or more chars.

2 Likes

Costing a Pul rune would make the recipes useless for self found players, and reducing them to 1 socket would make them useless in general. Why even bother at that point.

1 Like

lol ofc it is not useless in general. pul runes drop very often and you wont need larzuk quest to sock an item. its a pain in the a$$ to sock items nowadays where you can reroll you chars. the price for socket quests was about pul-um, so pul would be a good price for that matter.

if you allow to sock multiple slots on items, you would completely break the balance. you could create preposterous magic item and much more powerful rares.

Yes the point of allowing 4 sockets in magic items and 2 in rare is to create new, useful items. So that when you play the game, you have more gear choices.

Tell me, which items would break the balance and how.

They are talking about adding sockets to unique items I believe. Sounds like English either isnā€™t they native language, or they need to slow down and take the time to form proper sentences.

I can somewhat agree with them. Iā€™d gladly toss away a Pul not to constantly trade rushes to act 5 for socketing Uniques. Have so many Puls I started cubing them up lol. Had like 25 Puls or something at one point. Run enough Hell countess and youā€™ll run out of places to store Puls :stuck_out_tongue:

There recipe shouldnā€™t be free, but a Pul is just excessive. Players in the early game need sockets too. Perfect Skull makes sure itā€™s not too early. And rare jewel makes sure itā€™s not too often. Iā€™ve tried to keep track of how many rare jewels my characters find, and itā€™s around 1 per difficulty. This is on players8. So by the time you reach hell, you get to use Greater Socketing twice, on average.

Early game you already have 2 socket quests to work with. For a P-Skull youā€™d completely lose the ā€œshould I socket thisā€ step in the though process, and youā€™d just socket everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only reason I see for it to be added at all is single player, and the unfair advantage multi-boxing gives online. After all itā€™s a LOT easier to self rush for sockets with 2 accounts than it is to trade rushes.

the whole Jewellers-category would get a great push for example. there are many magic items, which are worth a lot if they got 100life and 4 os or for shields like monarchs and sacred targe, you could build incredible powerful pvp shields.
the 3/20/2 Circlets would become 3/20/4. they would become even more powerful than they are now. rare circlets would become preposterously powerful with the right statsā€¦

perhaps it is not a bad idea generally. but it should cost a really high amount (>Gul) and it should only be a chance, not a guarantee for example 4os on a 3/20 circlet.

It doesnā€™t cost a PSkull though. It costs a rare jewel. 90% of players wonā€™t be able to do Greater Socketing even once in normal. Also, if you use Lesser Socketing, you wonā€™t be able to cube your first perfect skull as early.

Also, Circlets get 2 sockets, only Tiaras and Diadems can get 3. The recipe is limited by item type and item level just like all the other socketing recipes.

Iā€™m taking about socketing uniques.

My last character was a WW barb so lets take him as an example. I use my Normal Larzuk to socket my Sigons Helm and put a max damage jewel in there. Then I use my first Greater Socketing to socket Generals Tan Do Li Ga, and put a Shael in. Then I use my Nightmare Larzuk to soket my Angelic Raiment, and put a max damage jewel in there too.

Iā€™ve socketed everything I wanted. Do you feel like thatā€™s a problem? Do you feel like that trivializes the game? Would it be more fun if I had to pick between my armor and helm to socket?

Having sockets everywhere means you have to make more choices, not less. You can socket armor for resists, damage, mana(saphire or Ith), MF, even attack rating. You can socket weapon for leech, attack speed, attack rating, knockback(for strafer). I want these choices.

I mean yeah I kinda do. because most people play through the game and farm their endgame stuff without using ANY of the socket quests. So yeah it makes it easier.

One thing we donā€™t need is more player power. A think a Pul is honestly about as cheap as I could see this being as itā€™s really just a convenience for your 3rd/4th alt. Or trying new builds after a respec. Honestly Iā€™d feel better about it at an Um, Mal, or Ist.

Anything below a Pul might as well be free.

We donā€™t need more player power. But maybe we could accept a little bit of it in return for improved gear customization and convenience.

I played a FoH paladin this ladder. As soon as I got double spirit, I blasted through nightmare like it was nothing. Wasnā€™t thinking about sockets at all. But if I play a WW barb or a strafer, I need to socket everything all the time.

Greater Socketing is a buff. Casters donā€™t need this buff. But Attackers really do. Especially in the early game.

Iā€™d like to see the skill/quest/stat buttons moved down more, to the left/right of the bottom UI, or even integrated into the UI itself. The quest button is the main culprit, as Iā€™ll be progressing through the game killing some baddies, and at times the quest button will pop up right where Iā€™m clicking to kill baddies, bringing up the quest screen. Iā€™ll bet this has been responsible for at least a few hardcore deaths.