How to fix the assassin

Martial Arts

Charge Ups

• Double damage on elemental charge ups
  • Effects trigger on both gaining charges and releasing charges
  • Charges are gained even if you miss, effects are triggered only if you’re attacking a target, you can gain charges by hitting air but effects won’t trigger
  • Charges last 30 seconds
  • Phoenix Strike and Claws of Thunder NHD reduced to 3 frames
  • Cobra Strike add -1% enemy poison resist per level to each charge stage, add Venom synergy of -1% enemy poison resist per level to each charge stage

Finishers

• Uninterruptible
  • Remove always hit when charges active
  • Dragon Claw now cleaves hitting 1 target adjacent to primary target each swing, charges only release on primary target hits
  • Dragon Talon stops kicking when target moves out of range
  • Dragon Tail always hits, fire damage is applied independent of physical damage
  • Dragon Flight no longer needs target to teleport but line of sight still required, max range of 16 yards - if target moves beyond 16 yards teleport to its last location within 16 yards, NHD reduced to 3 frames

Shadow Disciplines

Auras

• Burst of Speed and Fade stack
  • Venom duration to 4 seconds at same DPS and add AR bonus, add Cobra Strike synergy of +1% poison damage per level, fix poison damage canceled by physical damage bug

Passives

• Claw Mastery add chance of open wounds on hit per level, 20% chance max, AR bonus applies to blade skills
  • Weapon Block at 1/3 block rate when running, increase block chance and FBR works, capped 65% block chance

Summons

• Don’t consume player trap count
  • Combine stat bonuses of both summons
  • Shadow Warrior only uses Martial Arts and Shadow Disciplines skills and switch to Shadow Master AI
  • Shadow Master only uses Traps and Shadow Disciplines skills

Crowd Control

• Psychic Hammer pulls target towards you, deals magic damage
  • Cloak of Shadows CD removed
  • Mind Blast converted enemies can be damaged, deals magic damage

Traps

Bombs

• Shock Web NHD reduced to 15 frames

Sentries

• Minus resists and plus elemental damage on items work on traps
  • Wake of Fire NHD reduced to 3 frames, gain 1 shot per 4 levels in Wake of Inferno synergy
  • Wake of Inferno projectile speed moves faster behaves more like a beam
  • Charged Bolt Sentry smaller projectile cone radius
  • Death Sentry shoots Chain Lightning, NHD reduced to 3 frames

Blades

• No longer use weapon durability
  • Claw Mastery bonuses applied across the board if claw equipped
  • Add AR across the board, decrease damage to compensate
  • Blade Fury windup removed and ricochets to 2 additional targets, CB DS OW triggers
  • Blade Sentinel CD removed and NHD reduced to 15 frames, capped at 5 active and independent trap count from sentry traps, DS OW triggers, applies CTC on strike
  • Blade Shield OW triggers, non weapon ED applies, CTC on attack replaced with on strike
1 Like

I like the Blade Fury ricochets idea .
I think “Law Bringer” should be included as a claw rune word …
Spiked Shield class should have Assassin staf mods added to them .
The Mask helms should have assassin mods as well .
The Charge up skills need to be completely reworked , they should just stay charged up for set period of time Like fury , the way they are now is just not fun to use later in the game .
I agree the assassin should get some synergies added to Venom to really make it a useful buff .

For the charge up, the idea was to preserve the gameplay mechanics but make it easy and rewarding. Having it trigger on charging up as well makes the process enjoyable rather than trying to minimize it. Making it same as the Druid’s charge ups homogenizes class play mechanics in my opinion.

Venom is actually one of the higher DPS poison skills in the game all without a synergy. The problem is the short duration, you could never stay on target long enough for to take advantage of the full dps. Increasing the duration while keeping the dps would help in that regards. With that being said I am not against giving it even more damage as poison skills are lack lustre on average.

I find this kind of ironic given the problem with most poison skills the duration is too long.
Poison across the board needs fixing, small charms issue, posion nova issue etc.

While we’re talking posion I like the idea that’s been thrown around with cobra strike and venom being synergies.

Problem is venom is that it’s too short, it’s supposed to be one of the higher dps poison skill but the damage it adds is negligible unless you manage to stay on top of your target. Especially when compared to the other elemental skills doing 1000 extra poison damage per hit is kinda pathetic. With a slightly longer duration you have more leeway in reapplying the poison damage especially with skills like WW and take full advantage of the dps. I think the trick is to find a a happy middle in the duration. I think all poison duration should be unified at 2 second increments capping out at 10 seconds. Would probably make the math easier.
What’s wrong with poison nova?