How to buff Melee

Crushing blow only really affects gods and ubers at end game - as Grief 1hits everything into oblivion. I would rather Paladins lost crushing blow somehow via a nerf than anything else.

The more we buff, the lesser the challenge.

Yeah you’re right, the games challenging aspect would be messed up.

2 Likes

True, but it’s a lot easier to rebalance 3-4 edge cases than rework every item ya know?

1 Like

He’s leveling as a throw barb. They made throw semi viable but there still are almost no viable weapon options for it.

As for Unbending Will, 6 socket weapons don’t drop in NM. It’s a late game runeword that uses low level runes. It’s equivalent to telling a caster (besides pally) to throw on a spirit shield at level 25…

By the time Unbending Will becomes available, Oath becomes the better option :rofl:

1 Like

Did they remove the shared stash for single player or something? Far as I know it’s still there.

Someone who is using vendor bought weapons doesn’t exactly scream “alt” :thinking::rofl:

That’s not my problem. he should go make one. He could go grab one out of hell on a sorc in a few hours.

Your solution to the lack of choices in weapon dependant melee builds is to first make a caster to farm hell gear? :rofl:

Yeah. Welcome to D2. You new?

You realize the thread you are posting in is called “how to buff Melee”?

Yes and I’ve made several suggestions, as well as a current solution.
Meanwhile all you’ve done is troll.

And for the record you can also get a 6 socket weapon by act 3 NM even single player.

Have anything useful to add to the conversation or are you still too busy patting yourself on the back and telling yourself what a good boy you are?

Grats on regurgitating other’s ideas? :rofl:

1 Like

Still no idea ehh?

Look man you are just talking to hear yourself talk at this point. If you need a friend to talk to go look somewhere else. Maybe go buy one with your FG.

If you have a suggestion make one.

We all can’t be as brilliant as you…

Oh wait…

1 Like

People who want fighters damage buffed to the levels of casters. WHY? Why don’t you just play casters if that’s the damage levels you like. There are PLENTY of casters to play.

Could not agree more.
And, I don’t really like to see nerf’s… I mean if someone enjoys a build so powerful it can clear P8 fast enough to farm it… well… ok.
So, in general, I don’t want melee buff’d… as someone else noted making things easier/too-easy… something to that effect.

This thread seems to be Barb-centric, with some Pally hate/envy9whatever the correct word is), but, I would like to note as a lvl96 zeal/fanta Pally (with all the right name-brand gear, none of it perfect, but some of it pretty dang good), I often times have a really hard time keeping up with Barb’s 4-5 lvl’s lower than my character.
Couple nights ago was joining Baal-walk runs, and there was a lvl91 WW barb clearing house! I mean, I’d round the corner trying to catch up, only to see the last of mobs being slayed… guy was a monster.

But low level melee isn’t weak tho. At least, depending what do you mean by low lvl. Acts 1-2-3 are easy as pie on fighter classes. Not so fast as a fissure druid or smth, but still very easy. Arguably easier than a sorc because they don’t drain mana so fast, aren’t as squishy, etc.

Difficulties appear in act 4 and 5 normal, because

1. act 4 monsters have lots more health than act 3 + those flesh spawners and baby maggots get to fighter characters much more than to mages with AoE

2. act 5 monsters start at around level 33! Have you ever entered act 5 at a close to this level? You’re lucky if you’re 25, usually. Llama did a full clear playthrough recently on normal, and he got to Act 5 only on 28! So this level difference really makes it feel unfair to melees. And then Baal is level 60 with 40% chance to block… you’re lucky to hit him 1 out of 5 times.

After that you’re on nightmare with usually an appropriate level, and it gets much easier until monster health starts to ramp up again in act 4, where lots of non-OP builds may start to struggle a bit or a lot (it has fire immunes, high damage, game just starts to get difficult if you’re not well prepared).

All that said, I think what could be done to make it all less awful is:

1. Maybe reduce spawn rate on flesh spawners and maggots on normal, or reduce life values on the spawned things so you can 1 shot them with a pool noodle on normal

2. Reduce monster levels in act 5 a little bit

3. Remove or reduce block chance from act bosses

So what are you saying? Nerf melee and buff casters? Come on man :stuck_out_tongue:

I just want better vendor items, I keep getting good rolls like fools and cruel, but they keep spawning on normal trash items. In act 5 nightmare. I am at the end of nightmare, and I get like 1 exceptional vendor item for every 7-10 times I visit the shop, and of course it doesn’t spawn with the mods I need it to.

I have so much other gear, and if I made a sorc, I could probably farm 10X as fast as my barb can. On higher player count difficulty. >.< Barb things.

Melee requires knowlege to be good. You need a healthy balance of every stat which makes melee difficult to master. Too little defense, you die. Low block rate, you die. Low hit recovery, get stunned and die. Low attack rating, cannot hit target # dead. Low life, get one shotted. Low resistances, get nuked. It all boils down to git gud.