How does Fissure work?

Hello!

I started a druid the other night and I’m having a great time. The fire spells are really fun. The guides that I have looked at say Fissure is great but my experience hasn’t been the same. It seems really inconsistent.

From my understanding, it allows you to pick a spot to cast unlike firestorm and molten boulder which is a huge benefit. I click on a group of mobs and sometimes they melt instantly but other times they take no damage? What exactly is happening here?

How large is the area as the graphic animation doesn’t seem very clear (especially in tight spaces). Does it get stuck on terrain? Do I have to cast it right on their location or can it “close?” Does it cast around corners? Do I cast it and run away because it is a small DOT?

Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It seems to work on a grid system, where certain parts do dmg at different times (kinda like the holes popping up). Im guessing the mobs have a certain amount of squares they take up as well, leaving them more vulnerable to the dps spots (like how some bosses will get hit with ALL of the bolts from the Amazon Charged Strike, like Uber Diablo, while so other mobs let the charges go behind them and hit things behind).

What I do is ask “Are they running towards me or are they stationary” and if they are running at me, cast it in front of them, if they are stationary cast it on them and have it cause them to move and trigger more spots.

It definitely doesn’t look like a blanket ability.

1 Like

Eh I just use it to cover the ground where I can.

Pop it between you and the mobs and they’ll walk into it and get melted. Only drop on stationary casters/ranges otherwise. Like most ele druid attacks it takes some getting used to, but fissure is the easiest and fastest leveling build hands down imho. Only thing close is maybe a ww barb that you already have leveling weapons/gear stashed for.

Fissure works much better when the target is moving.