How about Teleport be used in town?

Patches ment to be improvments, simply put, wiat’s the point of mooving slowly like a turtle in town by feet with a caster class? There is none… simply sorceress class simply gets sick of walking on feet while she has the privilege of mooving faster with teleport, it’s simply as a sign of the feeling by herself of her superiority in comparsion to other mortals that she can bend timespace to travel fast, while others usually can’t (cough… enigma cough…).

Since teleport is not a damaging skill, i propose it should be set to be used in towns as well, so that people won’t waste time to get to the other part of town to repairman or gamble dealers. Pindle is sort of a different story as servers block continous game creation spaming, so this one is, sort of, out of the question.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind that we can’t teleport in town. It affects all classes and builds equally… But the fact that sorc can cast telekinesis in town is just a straight-up advantage for the sorc, that no other class really has access to at all… And it does save a lot of time travelling to the waypoint…

It’s a fairly low priority, but it would be nice if one day there was a clean-up to make things consistent about what spells/auras/pre-buffs etc can be active/cast in town…

My opinion is just allow everything to be cast in town so that it is convenient… I’ll give some examples:

Druid summons can all be cast in town
Fade/BoS can be cast in town
Battle orders cannot be cast in town
Telekenisis can be cast in town
Teleport cannot be cast in town
Vigor Aura works in town
Thunderstorm cannot be cast in town (ok its an offensive spell like Hurricane, it’s in a gray area).

I probably missed some things and might be wrong about some of those skills… But see that I am pointing out that the consistency of what you can and cannot do in town is a mess?

I think it’s worth fixing up one day…

Especially Battle Orders, godamn it’s so annoying in a public game when someone drops a hot-teleport and you get slaughtered. If you could cast Battle Order in town, it would save you from a lot of nasty surprises…

Paladin can use Vigor aura, and Assassin can use Burst of speed. Sorc gets telekinesis, but not teleport. So, there’s 3 classes who can move fast in town.

Barb can’t use leap in town. Druids don’t have minions to bite for Feral Rage in town. Amazon and Necro don’t have any movement skills.

Sorry, only Hammerdin and assassins are allowed to have increased mobility in town… :rofl:

Well, i just put harmony on switch if i need to get faster run/walk in town and the runeword is kinda cheap too.

1 Like

You know what I always kinda wondered why she can cast that. Is it technically because its not an “attacking” skill? But then why can’t barbs cast battle orders in towns…

1 Like

LoL… No
I’m actually quite suprised that sorc can cast telekinesis in town…
when having ES build and lightning spec she could literally PK in town with it… on the other hand everyone has potential access to enigma, hence why teleport should be the town skill not telekinesis.
Telekinesis is bad since:
#1 could be used to scam people out of stuff on the ground while beeing far away
#2 unlike teleport, telekinsis skill only gets you to the waypoint, but not vendors on the other part of town, like gheed, akara, elzix, griez, drognan, hratli, ashera, alkor, malah, anya and quel-kekh.

For those two reasons only, i think it should be the reverse of as it is, block telekinesis in town, and enable teleport.