Help with Sorceress...Damage, Squishy, Mana issues

hello All

After awhile away I decided to come back and finish my first campaign/story. I have all characters except Assassin and finally to Act 5. So far Nerco (main), Barb, Crusader, Amazon, Druid all are doing fine…except my Sorceress…

Currently level 26 going down the Fire Skill side with Fireball my main, Level 2 Frozen Armor and Level 4 Nova…

But it seems my Fireball takes several hits to do any real amount of damage which sucks Mana…my Frozen Armor doesn’t seem to help much and Nova has been good but between it and Fireball my mana is gone in no time flat.

I have not re-spec which I’m wondering should I go with another elemental…shock or cold? Stay in Fire and maybe go Hydra or Meteor…go with another armor instead of frozen…after seeing several recent video builds with 2.4 I’m more confused…

get a +3 fire ball stick from akara , or a wand with +fireball . spirit sword and shield . max fire bolt, max fire ball, use energy shield. buy mana potions and tp back to town to get more. i can run a sorc from 0 to 40 in about 3-4 hours or less in a single player game by myself . fire ball only. if you can get plus to skills and max fire bolt and max fire ball you can do the same im sure. i only put points into fire bolt and fire ball and energy shield and teleport thats it

My best advice at the moment for you is to shop a 2 socket stave and make a Leaf runeword. Leaf boost your fire skill and has warmth which boost mana recovery. When i play any Sorc. I always have 1 point into warmth. This helps mana recovery speed a small bit. I fill 3 slots of mana on belt as a caster.

Sometimes people try to help but offering advice at a later level and not your current level which makes it confusing. Just like all guides talk about end game gear and never low lvl, mid lvl.

1 Like

running a stick as a weapn sux especialy in hc if you get a wand and a shield u will survive bettter . at lvl 24 get energy shield. use teleport to get away from battles not into them

Make a “Leaf” runeword staff, that’ll help immensely.

Also try making a “Stealth” runeword body armor for more FCR.

Then look into a runeword helm, I’d suggest a “Lore” if you can get the Sol rune needed (could take a dozen Countess runs + rune xmuting).

Maybe get yourself an “Ancients Pledge” runeword shield, it’ll provide pretty beefy resistance.

1 Like