Help me please to fine-tune my sorceress

Hi mates

I’m designing a build based on Energy Shield, and I need your help to add top notch to it. In general it works great (I killed all mobs around Nihlathak, and deliberately tanked explosions on P7 just for science; survived easily, and accidentally discovered the best build to farm keys from him), however as I see poison causes noticeable inconvenience. So far I came of 3 versions:

1. Enigma based, life on kill should replenish all life lost due to poison. Enigma also provides very important faster run/walk, and MF% bonus, I’d like to stick to the armor.
  2. Arkaine’s Valor based with 175% poison length reduction. Works well, the poison duration is cut greatly, and it can be felt.
  3. Gladiator’s Bane based with +30 life replenish. Haven’t tested it yet, however I don’t like the armor does not have +all skills affix. On the other hand this version will fit Energy Shield the best of all.

https:// d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/yp0106a9

Can you give me some hints? Thanks.

https:// d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/q10206r5

This is what I run. I built this on my way to an Ormus build but honestly not sure I can leave it. I just socketed an +3 nova Ormus to give it a try but giving up MF and LAK is gonna hurt. Engima just seems to synergize well… Like you said poison is the only Achilles heel for a sorc besides a couple of curses. LAK pretty much negates that if you kill quick enough.

Wielding Infinity by yourself…interesting. But wouldn’t be helpful to have a mercenary with Insight polearm? Perhaps even the one with Prayer aura.

Yes, I didnt bother adding the Merc to that link. Merc wields eth thresher insight. This along with a a couple of points in Warmth allows you to spam nova infinitely without mana problems. If mobs due damage you also regenerate very quick.

And I’ve tested merc with Prayer aura today, deliberately seeking enemies whose apply poison. Results were quite interesting, it did help to recover, although the speed of healing was kinda disappointing; however, more tests are required, as that Holy Freeze is really helpful while being crowded by cows or minotaurs.