Hello everyone how is the game going?

I just got my 3 month ban released. Apparently Blizzard didn’t like what I had to say about their game.

Anywho, I just wanted to check in and see how the game has been progressing. Or should I say regressing?

Input appreciated.

4 Likes

It’s been two steps forward, one step back progression… Slow progress, but still progress.

Once the ladders are (finally) going, all of this patch business can go on while the ladder is running and will be more on a schedule, which should make the process seamless to the player base.

Have they made any changes worth mentioning? Or has it been just empty promises like usual.

1 Like

Why not read the patch notes? Whether changes are worthwhile will depend on what you want out of the game. Personally, I’m really excited for basically all of 2.4’s upcoming changes. Lots of builds are more viable than before.

3 Likes

I’ve often found patch notes and actual player’s experience differ greatly. Better to hear it from the horses mouth.

3 month ban? lol wtf. how blizzard going to ban someone for having an opinion. freedom of speech after all… that’s crazy. if you pay money for a game they shouldn’t be able to ban you for that long hell they shouldn’t even be able to ban you at all. and if they do they should give you an automatic refund.

1 Like

Still in a bad spot. The database update last week ruined things. 2.4 still hasn’t been released with the updated balance changes. We don’t have a ladder date 6 months since D2R’s launch either.

1 Like

the game itself is still pretty fun.

but with the delaying of patch, delaying of ladder, and delaying of telling us anything, the game list in hardcore is sometimes 0 games in hell, or just a a game up to chat.

can’t say i’m impressed, i love diablo 2, but damn… this is getting sad.

3 Likes

Probably better to form your own opinions than listen to the forums and base your opinions off that

me too^^ banned from november till 16´t march :stuck_out_tongue: but it was my fault.
at least in part. Rules of conduct do not exist here for nothing.
And since they have already changed the game anyway and I can not do anything about it. I just have to live with it.

Wellcome bk. So I assume since youve been banned too youre not a purist?

Game hasnt been progessing and I fear it might be to late now. Blizz might not be interested and theres not many new players (is why u update ui and skill bar… for new players…) If only the 5% purists didnt exist. Oh well, at least they got to ruin the best game ever created. Guess they are very happy about that.

1 Like

I am 95% Purist (i hate that word…)
I like the game because of the way it is and I personally would have been satisfied if they had just delivered the new graphics.
But well…there are just too many players who can’t handle the “old” game and the old mechanics. or don’t want to because today’s world is more fast-paced. Or whatever. And something like that is adapted to the gaming industry.

we will see how it does

1 Like

Welcome back. In broad lines, what did you do to get the ban?

1 Like

I like the changes to Druids, makes them more playable now. Changes to mercs are also welcome as have some optionality to play around - whereas previously its mostly a lost cause .

Bowazons also got a good boost to bring back some of the old days, but not there yet - hope they add more later. Slow incremental change is not so bad in my book.

Some of the new runewords are not bad - again I understand they don’t want to go too extreme and introduce balance issues here.

The set item upgrade is nice on paper, but most - if not all - of them are krappy to begin with, no amount of upping the base is gonna shine that tuurd.

me ? because i did not like the opinion from some players here at all. (some players from the d3 fraction thats like : CHANGE EVERYTHING! i WANT a NEW GAME!)
and my reaction to them was quit…rude
their reaction to me as well but they don’t seem to have been banned. There are a few special people here that I just don’t like because of the way they express their opinion. But anyway…
That was exactly the reason for my ban. I just ignore these people now. It’s too late for the game anyway.
they have their changes and I have my peace.

1 Like

and yet you are still here

Well, I don’t ever rely on just a single source of information for anything in my life. Unlike CNN viewers.

1 Like

Ah yes I’ve been wondering where you went. I figured it was too much wrong think. Good to know I was right.

1 Like

I have very strong opinions on things like changing the Assassin’s race, making the Amazon look like a dude, and Blizzard’s shady business practices. Among many other things. And the SJW’s at Blizzard don’t like people who have strong opposing viewpoints and aren’t afraid to express them.

So in true communistic fashion, they silence their opposition.

2 Likes

i think the game is dead or dieing… occasionally d2r needs to be poked with a stick to see if it’s still alive

2 Likes