HC sorceress build

Hello everyone,

i lost my HC sorceress to a disconnect as i was farming hell mephisto. She was completely self found, and i want to go again. I’ll start from scratch.

I previously played a pure Forb/ES build, and had to skip a lot of packs from act 1 Hell to act 5. It was my first time on a hc sorceress and i did well, some places were scary though (viper temple etc…) This time, i am wondering if i should go hybrid, once i reach hell. And if i do go hybrid, what spec should i go for. I’d rather invest point in a second skill that most likely do not have too many synergies, but i’d have you opinion on it.

I’ve heard great things about Forb/firewall and Forb/hydra. If someone with experience in HC could help me figure that, i’d be glad !

Have a nice day

1 Like

if you’re patient, and if you’re a HC player you definitely have to have that character trait, then orb/hydra can kill anything in hell with a properly equipped merc. the nice thing about it is you just need to max out frozen orb in the cold tree. one point in cold mastery will be more than enough to get you started until you get hydra and fire mastery maxed out.

you can have frozen orb, hydra, and fire mastery maxed out, and ten points into cold mastery, at level 72. after that you can put points you gain into either ice bolt for more orb damage, or into fire bolt or fireball for hydra damage, whichever you feel is lacking. you don’t need more than 10 points into cold mastery after taking gear and charms into account, since it can’t reduce enemy cold resistance beyond -100%

i personally just max hydra and fire mastery, and then orb and ice bolt, and leave cold mastery at 9 or 10 points invested before gear.

1 Like

Hello Eithris,

thank you for your recommendantions.

Best HC sorc is a pure blizzard sorc. She needs lots of patience to level but then clears all of the content. You can see my entire playthrough if you’re interested. More than skills you should care more for defense, block, resistances and life.

She is lvl 90 now btw in hc ladder.

1 Like

This is what worked for me so far in HC SSF:

• Start with cold iceblast until level 24, then blizzard. It is tedious but safe due to freeze. One pointers: warmth, static, telekinesis, teleport and frozen armour.
    At 30 start putting points into cold mastery. I continued like this but in hindsight I would rather go with Forb with blizzard as support, blizzard hitbox is clunky sometimes

• Farm nightmare to get some good gear, I enjoyed Andy, trav and CS runs. At around level 70 I switched to Forb/blizzard, energy shield and block cap. If you have Ko, Ko, Mal for sanctuary in a tower shield great, if not Moser’s unique with two Eld runes or any other high block chance shield
    I did it until level 75 because I really wanted sanctuary before going into hell. Farming Ko runes is easy, Mal rune is rng

• In hell I farmed Andy for upgrades then around level 80 rushed through to finish the game and now I do terror zones to get a cold sunder charm. I avoid Meph and Baal zones as they can spawn very dangerous mobs

This is the build at level 70 more or less: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/zf0106g0

Don’t be discouraged by the low life and mana, with some charms it was ok for me, quite tanky at that level.

I’m really enjoying this build, lacks a bit of damage but it feels safe, also with the occasional loading screen into a pack

1 Like