Hc death after disconnect

hi,

i get a disconnect on hell andariel with 100% hp and 75% max resistance to everything. merc is also alive. but yet i die.

how can i prevent that?

i know the servers are not the best, but is there not a way to remove a character from the game when they have a disconnect? playing hc like this makes no sense

4 Likes

I am sorry to hear you lost your HC character. Dying due to a disconnect feels terrible.

In the case of the servers, the game keeps you in for a few seconds (up to 10) if you have a hiccup or DC. Part of the reason is to prevent people from forcefully pulling the plug themselves to avoid death consequences in bad situations.

The only way to prevent it is to do your best to make sure your personal PC and connections are solid. You can’t control what happens after that. The ISP and backbone companies control everything between you and the game servers. With so many physical cables and devices there can be issues along the way and you can’t do anything about it.

Of course, the servers can have problems too, but there is nothing you can do to control that either.

6 Likes

my connection is good. i did not lose internet connection. how are your servers working or is this a typical blizzard answer that only blames the customer and their end?

4 Likes

MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. They don’t speak for, or represent Blizzard.

You asked what you can do to prevent a disconnection. I answered that the only part you control is your home equipment. There is nothing else you can do to control a disconnect - you can’t control the ISP, backbone companies, or game servers.

You were not blamed for anything. I did tell you what part you have control over though - and why you can’t do much to prevent a DC.

7 Likes

exactly that is my point. i cant do anything against it and i would like blizzard to take this feedback and make changes so people have a better experience. for example the moment the “connection lost” popup comes your character gets kicked from the game 1-2 sek after. and not 10 sek after. that would fix like 95% of the problems.

i m just trying to give feedback to a problem that i have encountered in the game.

How does this make sense when u can hit ESC Save & Exit in less than 1sec?
How does pulling the plug would be faster?
You could even macro the ESC Save and EXIT in to make it <0.5 secs. Pulling the plug will never be faster that hitting 1 button.

8 Likes

or just alt + F4 and the game closes. i just dont see why my char has to stay 10 sek in the game in the same spot when i get disconnected from the server. this could be changed but i think that requires extra work and people who played d2 for the last 10 years accept it and so why put more money into it.

1 Like

I mean, hardcore modes have existed in games for a long time, this is a known quantity and those of us that enjoy hardcore from time to time understand this.

People not cool with losing chars to disconnects should play softcore.

‘it is what it is’, as they say.

1 Like

I mean, if you expect everyone to accapt the status quo, why do you even come to the forum for discussion? Do you not understand what this is for?

3 Likes

I expect people to understand that this is the internet, and that stuff crashes all the time.

The entire point of hardcore is impermanence. I usually just play BvB to kill off my guys at the end of season anyways, it’s not hard to remake new guys if you end up getting DC killed…it’s a very easy game with constant rush games open on HC.

Weird flex, I’m discussing.

Are you though? You are not. You just don’t know how proper discussions go. Thats your loss though.

So your saying statuos quo is there and exists. Great first argument.

Than you speak for others. Great I can see how smart you are.

You tell people on the internet what to do. Great that works always. Very smart.

There you are saying accept what it is. No reasoning.

A hint for you: This is not discussion. Go and learn some human interaction.

2 Likes

Official Hardcore Disclaimer:

Note: Blizzard Entertainment is in no way responsible for your Hardcore character. If you choose to create and play a Hardcore character, you do so at your own risk. Blizzard is not responsible for the death and loss of your hardcore characters for any reason including Internet lag, bugs, Acts of God, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever. Consult the End User License Agreement for more details. Blizzard will not, and does not have the capability to restore any deceased Hardcore characters. Don’t even ask.

Basically means that if you can’t handle a hardcore death for [insert reason here], be it a fault on your end, Blizzards end or somewhere in between, they aren’t going to do anything about it.

That’s what makes these players so hardcore, that they have the guts to be able to ignore the unknowns that may cause them to die, yet they still play it… Simply amazing determination.

Me? Bawk bawk bawk!!! I’m a big chicken. :chicken: Don’t want to lose my gears. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You’re just being antisocial, that’s not my problem.

Yeah, I mean playing a game mode called ‘hardcore’ that only allows you one life and then crying about disconnects is pretty hilarious, lol.

Let’s not talk about intelligence, please check your grammar in this very topic, I’ve noted at least 3 errors already and I’m not half done reading.

I don’t think it’s irrational to think that people soft enough to come to a forum to complain about a disconnect death should probably not play hardcore mode anymore. Lol.

Likewise.

Yup. I’ve died countless times to dumb gameplay, disconnects, lag, or just simply accidently thinking I’ve went down a TP when busy IRL. Crap happens, don’t play hardcore if you can’t handle it.

This is the risk of playing HC. If you feel like you want to complain about any aspect of it, simply dont check the HC box and CHOOSE not to play it.

1 Like

LMAO, your just calling others who lost their investet time over some bs crybabys right after you call me antisocial? Your the one here, that doesn’t show any empathie. Your basicially here just to be toxic. Get some human interaction, you desperatly need it. Believe me.

Great, you gotta link intelligence to my second language grammar. My god, thats pure gold. You spoke for others, thats stupid. You can argue about my grammar but that fact remains.

Yes it is totally rational to complain about dcs. Its in the players interest to ask for the best gaming experience possible. I dont know why you whiteknight blizzard and go against your own interest here. Its properly because you are not very intelligent.

I mean there is obviously some correlation on the ability to learn a second language to intelligence, and clearly you’re really struggling.

Let’s remember who brought up intelligence in the first place.

Don’t play hardcore if you can’t hack it. Simple.

This is completely wrong. This is a Diablo 3 mechanic.

More of a Bnet mechanic for modern Bnet I think. I know it does not instantly remove a char from game in D2R when you DC or crash.

I had this too. It does not look like a network issue. The disconnect is instant and without any foreshadowing, look at the clip, there is no desync, no issues nothing like that. It just disconnects. This wasn’t the case in Legacy. There you would kinda see monsters walking in place and such while it tries to reconnect, and more often than not it would reconnect. If it wouldn’t then you would see the error screen “your connection has been interrupted”

here is my case: PSA: Just don't play HC online

And besides, why does the game client just “disconnect” without trying to reconnect? In my clip you can clearly see that i was able to get on the “online” tab instantly, so there was no issues with the connection, clearly if the game has reistablished it, i would have plenty of chances.

P.S. in other words, why is there a (however many seconds) timeout on the server, if the client does not leverage this timeout? Fix it one way or the other.

LMAO, thats all you got? Thats shows your capability to argue just as much as the rest of your posts. We call this grammarnazi, usally people no one likes. Your loss. roflmao

1 Like