Good start to buffing melee

Allow leeching from skeletons.
Add chance to not consume quantity on crit to critical strike.
Add 15% chance of crushing blow to Bone Break.
Allow druids to use non-class skills (particularly battle orders, battle command and teleport) while shapeshifted.
Add low level runeword helm with +teleport.

People just need to git gud with melee

Add FRW to lycanthropy.
Make druid spirits immune to physical.
Add high level runeword two-handed weapon with chance to proc corpse explosion on kill.
Allow whirlwind to proc.
Add 5% physical damage reduction to medium shields and armours and 10% physical damage reduction to heavy shields and armours.
Add Horadric Cube recipe requiring Zod to transmute an item ethereal.
Make skeletons and skeletal mages persist through games.

It’s pretty hard to argue that melee (physical in general) isn’t worse than casters… Sure there are some great end-game RW that are super-expensive, but otherwise Caster’s are just better. Hustle was a good addition to helping out physical builds, sort of like their version of a Spirit. IDk about all of Kitten’s proposals here… but there could def be a boost to physical builds, at least in the early/mid game.

You know what, here’s a simple solution for you, OP.

Go back to Diablo 3, and stay there.

I can’t see how any of my proposed changes would make the game more like Diablo 3. It is virtually universally agreed that melee needs a buff. If anything, the buffing of melee by the addition of the Mosaic rune word made the game more like Diablo 3.

1 Like

What’s really unfortunate, Melees sort of lost their niche in being the “Uber slayer” characters when the sunder charms came out.
I still use my zealer for Ubers, cause it’s what I’m used to. But now it’s more of a suggestion than a requirement.

Ps: I agree. mosaic was a step in every wrong direction possible at the same time. I hope it’s scrapped and they work on something better

Nowadays I’m massacring Ubers with my es nova sorc. Don’t know if that’s a good thing.