Goldfind barb help merc die all the time

Hello guys i have problems with my merc at travincal
im a goldfind barb lvl 85.
My merc have 4k with the bo life eth stone 2700 deff, vampire gaze non eth, bonehew with 2 shael runes. i dont know if i should do leap. or the stunnscream skill dont know the right name. any1 can help me? because i think my merc have not such a bad equip.

Hydra and super unique are doing more damage to the merc, forget him or use enigma :kissing_heart:

I have a merc using Reaper’s toll, Tal’s mask, and random rare armor with semi decent stats, and he can tank just about anything in the game. Fanatic packs can be tough when he’s cursed, but thats about it.

I’ve sat back and watched him tank 50+ cows in hell. They can do it, just need the right blend of gear, doesn’t need to be uber powerful. Make sure their resists are maxed if you can, and give them plenty of life leech, i’d say 15% or more. Mine has 21%.

If you don’t need the might aura, then go with holy freeze merc. Slowing the mobs can help reduce damage.

Warcry is the stun skill, and yes it can help. you can also use fear to control the mobs, as well as grim totem. Need to have a corpse for grim totem, but it’s great. you can use taunt to pull mobs in one at a time while totem is up.

1 Like

Hydras killing your merc? It’s normal. My merc has 15k def buffed (Fort) Tons of health and resistances maxed. Still drops dead on Hydras without Rejuvenation or two. No idea if they’re supposed to be that powerful, considering my Barb can ignore them completely. Only those Hydras and poison sneks on Nihlathak can kill my merc.

I’m with you on this one. Reapers Toll and a decent leech helm like Tal’s or Vampire gaze + res armor will make your merc a tank. He might need an occasional potion in trav, but he’s usually going to leach enough to overcome damage.

Nightmare Act II “Might” merc. More damage, more leech. Reapers Toll has leech + decrepify adds a ton of damage = more leech.

1 Like

Yu, trav is the weak spot. If your defenses are good enough, you can stand in the way of the hydras and soak a bit for your merc. Same thing happens to me in Baal runs, but I guess my regen is better then my mercs. I also carry a row of antidotes to cleanse him after wave 2, that helps him survive the hydras allot more.

1 Like

Reapers Andy’s and Treachery. Fade proc and merc never dies

could replace 1 those shael runes with a amn rune in the bonehew, if you didnt want to replace any gear.

If you’re already effective at killing, swap the Bone Hew for something with more leech. Just vamp gaze alone isn’t enough life leech in hell.

Remember, the councils will cast amp damage too, so that hurts a lot. Also not sure what armor he’s using, but shaftstop is good too though with hydras he’d likely need more resist, so Duriel’s would be a good swap as a cheap option.

A slightly more expensive but still accessible would be an eth Treachery runeword. With the hydras blasting fireballs like no tommorow, fade should proc most of the time and that will give the merc damage reduction + extra all resists.