Give me your mf runs/tips - cause im lost

There’s no magic sauce. Some things in this game are just extremely hard to find due to their drop chance. Join/organize cow hell p8 farming runs to get the best drop chance and hope you can get lucky and get some HRs to drop. Start upping mid-tier runes as you get duplicates to upgrade your runes. Trade with others if you can.

D2R is not a find everything yourself in one week game. I stated many months ago before D2R was launched for those that never played D2 before that they were in for a rude shock if they expected to gear out their characters in a week like D3 allows. This game was made in a time where nothing is handed to you. The grind is part of the experience and it’s not for everyone. Stick with it tho and you will be rewarded.

1 Like

Played the game for 18 years, ive had my fair share of bad rng streaks.

This is by far the worst and most abnormal. ive played solo for all my ladders (prob about 15 of them)

Could just be me, yes of course, but if it is jsut bad rng, its the worst ive ever had X3.

I had an enigma,cta and hoto by day 3 easy going solo cheese farming mephisto in the corner for hours and trading. Now, im on about twice my usual playtime and im desperately trying to get mephisto to drop at least a v-magi, so i can maybe go faster.

Huh if you got jah/ber/vex/ohm/etc all off meph whether classic or d2r then you were one lucky sob. I can’t remember the last time meph ever dropped a hr for me

3 Likes

72 hours of nonstop meph runs and trading, its very possible.

I did to be fair take ladders waaay more seriously. im talking about 2 hours of sleep a day, skip meals serious.

Most get from bots running 20x that amount of runs and accumulated d2jsp FG from botting or other games that you can obtain FG within the site

The rest just play more than you

A small fraction start the ladder off farming keys or torches which has substantially less RNG to turn a profit. Bit late to do that now though.

So for you, there are your options. I’d say go with play more but uninstalling is equally viable

Other than that, it’s luck in early runs. You can find a shako day one and be rich, save the currency, wait 2 weeks and turn that into an enigma for example. I sell pretty much everything and use triple topaz crap while people are buying my shako for absurd day 1-3 prices. If you don’t get in early and cash out, you kinda lose though. It’s the same in pretty much any RPG with an economy

Other than that: can you talk in detail about all your runs you do, how you do them, in what time, using quest bugs? anything what might be important so I can optimize your effectivity.

forget that btw, unless you are super lucky or using cheats like previously farmed FG on JSp.

2-3 weeks is realistic to have good stuff.

Its hard to give you direct advice as I dont know what you play for characters, HC or SC? , do you have bunch of friend to play with? are you solo player?

Is that 500 runs total between all those areas? That’s honestly not that many

Insane RNG, trading, running organized groups with loot share dedicated to few toons or simply buying items with $ (or hoarded FG). These are the 4 ways of getting all those items you mentioned within 48h playtime. There are no secrets, and you know this very well.

But before you put on the tin foil hat let me just say that there aren’t any stealth nerfs either and you just got bad RNG. Best routes have been known for years, and these new 85 areas didn’t change anything in this regard. Keep playing as you have and the items will come sooner or later. If you want to optimize runs then I suggest you stop doing all the content there is before remaking a game, as some routes are clearly much more efficient than others. In online P1 hork trav is the best option for HR, but that would also mean you have to play the arguably most boring build in the game and burn out faster.

Me honestly im farming gold… Doing around 50-60 k on Travs per councils with find items… I can get to 2.5 M in about 10 minute so i keep doing this and gambling ammy… Items and rune drop while doing it are just a bonus. it feel alot more rewarding to always be able to gamble so quick instead of Hopping/Dreaming for a Hr only.

1 Like

Those that ran them in the oneday, were on buying gear, running bots or having a hugo following that donated all their time and energy so their favorite streamer could claim the credits.
I found my first Cham this ladder and my first Jah, after 1.11 I almost never played decked out character and mostly just fun characters.
Found the Jah with a Goldfind Barb on the Travi Council (very good place for runes as well, not just gold, especially with a Horker as Find Item does not work the same as normal drops, it negates the amount of players in game and determines its own No Drop chances, Council cannot drop Zod but lets be honest we want 2 or 3 lower than it anyway) and the Cham in the Arcane Sanctuary.

Finding a good base gets harder with 380mf, if it drops you increase the chance of it becoming magic or better, instead of the white base.
Magic Find does not affect runedrops, nor charms (except the chance of a Grand Charm becoming a Gheeds instead of a magic one.

Bases I think cows (with 0mf and fast clearing is still the number 1 spot).
All 85 areas you can reach fast, clear fast and have a good amount of specials are good spots.
I always like to have multiple chars for doing runs, takes away a but of the repetitiveness.
Usually a high mf (though for me that usually 250 to 350).
One with 0mf (which can do fast cows).
And a goldfind singer barbarian with tons of gold find and high mf as well, doing mostly Travi but often a quick pindle, eldritch and shenk run, this char actually does al lot of magic finding on the side, but if you don’t find runes or nice uniques, you atleast always find tons of gold to gamble with and this is incredibly fun and often rewarding as well.
Maybe you could try one, at the very least it will create some diversion and with very low gear you can already farm (if you can equip a merc with decent gear especially above 75 fire rest, you could stun lock the council while the merc wastes them, switch from spirits to ali’s before kills if you can and always before you start screaming at the dead council ordering the corpses to give you more loot).

I can relate to you 100%. I’m a d2 vet since 1999 and I don’t get the good droppies.

I have improved my “wealth” quite a bit by using JSP this time around. It just makes it easier to get the stuff you want. So many things can be sold for small amounts of FG which adds up quickly.

MF tips are simple, there’s only a few things to keep in mind and you likely know them already:

1. Optimize how many enemies you are killing per minute. Ignore screens that aren’t packed with enemies. This means ignoring those 3 cows that didn’t die with the rest, or the sections of the a85 zones that have just a small mob.

2. In tandem with #1, farm the absolute most efficient area for your build. I wouldn’t bother going somewhere that has immunes, or an area where I rely on my merc a lot, or somewhere that has me going back to town often to cure curses or revive merc… pay attention to which areas give you the most trouble and stop going there.

3. Be realistic… not to call you out but I don’t believe you did “48 hours straight non stop with a trap GC to show for it”. Look at how much time you are really spending, how efficient you’re being, and decide if the results seem like “fair” RNG or not… truth is the RNG is the same for all of us.

well maybe you aren’t kidding.

do this and only this

or…

do this and only this

1 Like

??? rofl

nothing on earth other is going to get you that…
that luck for that is about the same as u winning the lottery without entering

your not grinding for 48 hours straight unless your a bot anyways.

how did i get my gear? i traded for it. i find a good item early ( 15 ed eth CV) on i sold it for 1000 FG and i spent some of that FG.

i have 2 characters almost fully geared ( my fury druid is)
my firwall orb sorc is getting close
my 3rd is getting closer to fully geared.

you just need to know what is worth what… and be willing to sell your best things early instead of use them.

the highest rune in the game i have found this season is vex and i have only found 1

the reason u have nothing is becuase you are trying to use the game to trade… and the lobby system is broken.

the thing about JSP is FG doesnt no lose value when the economy goes down

if i were to find a jah day 1 and sell it for 9k FG and not spend anything i would have 9k FG

if were to keep that jah or make it into my own enigma… then it would depreciate in value as more people find items.

its the selfish people at the start of the ladder who think being #1 is special that are willing to pay through the nose with FG from other seasons like morons.

while us normal players can sit back… find 1 good items… sell it and then wait a couple weeks farming with less efficient gear and buy everything they need

also… because you are probably trying to get sorc or pali stuff…
supply and demand.

Pretty much. Get good at something and stick with it. All the time going to different WPs and solving the map is time could be spent killing monsters… Trav is super easy with no map solve, tristram is visible from the path so not hard to locate either.

Trying to add in meph/andy or any other time consuming areas is all lost time

1 Like

there werre a lot of items mentioned in this string.

Slayer, what very specifically were you looking for? Runes, rares, set items, socket bases?
I ask because you farm them all differently.

% magic find has no effect on runes so if you are maxing it for more runes it wont help

items have much higher % chances to drop off certain mobs. This website helps locate the right mob to farm:

go google dropcalc.silospen (blizz dont allow links)

If you want to farm up runeword bases you want 0% magic find and cows

Was there something in specific u wanted?

Well with 380 and that many runs. You found stuff. So the question is what sre you actually looking for?

1 Like

You dont just need higher mf%, you also need to kill as much as possible. Sorc is ok but I am convinced that a Mavs Frost Maiden is one of the easiest way to farm for high end gear. Nihlathak is not cold immune and his minions drop in seconds. You can easily clear WSK levels very quickly, even faster than hdin. Another good one is death sentry assassin.

There’s also:

d2. maxroll.gg (take out the space on the maxroll part)

More MF is fine as long as you have maximum kill speed for the build you’re running. Prioritize kill speed above MF gear, as the more pulls of the loot level, the more chances of loot to drop.

Please keep in mind that you ARE getting loot drops. Sets, Uniques, etc. all drop at various rates. You may not get the one you are looking for, but as long as you are getting those drops, you just have to keep at it. Different builds can farm different areas quickly. Currently I run a FOH pally to run pits and Chaos as they just murder mass groups of undead/demons very fast. He runs about 300% mf and kills very fast, and gets runs and uniques sets every couple of runs. Rarely do I get something I’m actually looking for, but as long as I see these things dropping, I know things are working correctly. Yes you can go thru massive dry spells (10+ runs or more of absolutely nothing in any noted category above dropping) and they suck, but that’s just part of the game. Keep at it and use the sites referenced to see which monsters in which areas drop the items you’re looking for at the highest chance possible.

500 is not a lot. I have killed Andy and Meph probably 1k times alone in Hell since I started this ladder.

It’s literally just stack MF and pull the level until you win.

I mean you can literally do 500 pindle runs in a day off tbh

I said i was doing trav just for gold… well just found a ber O_o … guess im not only doing this for gold now…

1 Like