General Item Pickup Issues

After this latest patch I’m having serious problems picking up any item from the ground. I switched to using the item pickup command but it still doesn’t work. I have to walk away from the items for about 4-5 seconds then come back. I am playing on switch.

1 Like

If you are playing a summon necro, it’s been this way since the game was released.

Weird. I’m playing paladin.

3 Likes

I am having this issue now that I have swapped my pald over to FoH spec. I suspect it’s something to do with needing to select things that aren’t just enemies when in zones outside of town (i e a corpse explosion, summon, casting holy bolt to heal, etc…)

I have learned that after casting spells like FoH or holy bolt, I cast a single charge skill to clear the issue. It’s annoying as all hell.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my FOH pala. I can’t pick up anything from the ground, even gold. My character is running toward mercenary when I press X (instead of picking item)

1 Like

Yup im using FOH. I found that it keeps trying to cast FOH instead of use the pickup command. Best fix I have found so far is cast a different skill or use a basic attack and it seems to reset the pick up command

1 Like

Same thing here as FOHdin on PS4 When I “click” the item on the ground, my pal just randomly walk to some direction. I try walking around, pressing menu, toggling run on and off and other random stuff trying to make pickup work. Not sure yet what really works.

Patch notes say “Fixed an issue that caused the player to unintentionally move towards their mercenary if they pressed the bottom face button on their controller while they had Holy Bolt bound to a non-bottom face button, and the mercenary was nearby”. Unfortunately I still have the same problem. Can’t pick up anything while pressing X. Instead my char walks towards mercenary. Problem is solved when Holy Bolt is removed from pad button (I had it on Square)