Genders for 2.5?

mmm yes female tomboy paladin with big boobs and short hair

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah they need to rework the Amazon to look more like a Blonde Gal Gadot. She needs to be more beefy.

1 Like

Yes it is 2022
The game was made a long time ago. They are not going to add new base Models to the game
This BS about let me pick a gender ITS A GAME.
Want to play a female play a Sorc or Ama
Want to play a male Play the rest of the classes
The game came out in 2000 changes like this are not going to happen play a different game if you don’t like it you will not be missed.

1 Like

a male or a female assassin would be a nice change over the trans.

3 Likes

Well, it killed the game, if that’s what you mean?

Only if it’s a slider and there are gender fluid characters. Otherwise it’s bigotry.

100%. If I cannot select Apache Helicopter Paladin, I am suing for gender discrimination and massive pain and suffering.

3 Likes

Not going to happen, would require a whole set of brand new models for every character, as well as fitting all the gear to those models.

Maybe in Diablo IV. Its nothing to do with “canon” or “remastering” or anything else, but the fact that they made some changes beyond simply updating the graphics does not mean they don’t care about “purists” (can still play non-ressurected, they’ve kept it up specifically for those people). Balance changes are a very different thing from actually changing the characters themselves. This would also require new voice lines among many other things (Note that there were no new voice lines, all the character voices are original). This isn’t something they can just magically patch in, it would require significant work.

But this is beyond the scope of the changes. It isn’t equality or about hating on men or women or any other category, it’s just the way the characters were designed. And back when this game was made, the whole debate about this sort of thing hadn’t really taken place yet and offring vast customization of characters, including gender selection was not common when D2 came out.

I also don’t see how this is needed to make the game great (it already is). Characters in Diablo II are not like characters in an MMO. They weren’t made to be customized, there are no other customization options besides gender either. They are just individual archeteypes and define what happens when you push buttons. And this is especially true of the hardcore player, for whom the characters are even more disposable.

And so much this. She’s got the head of a guy.

2 Likes

I think the game is better than ever, tyvm

Just pretend the barb is transgender.

Now it’s a woman

I’d rather they fix the game before doing this

LOL a gender slider…
So on one extreme, the Chadliest of alpha Viking males… on the other hand, a complete and total BI***

And a dwarfe in fishnets?.

I laughed, for real. Chapeau!

No thanks. I’m not against gender, sexual identity, LGBT, etc. (I’m mostly pro them actually) but I like having forced choices in certain games/situations. I’ve seen more than once that having free gender selection can create the space for hassassment; selecting female sex for your character, can make you seen as a female and so harrassed by thirsty males (I intended to use a worse expression but I’m not risking being reported/filtered).

Nowadays scenario may be different, although it happened me 3 years ago on a VR public chat game (not VR chat). In my opiniong being forced playing as a female/male instead force people to accept playing a game “interpreting” a different sex/ethnicity/whatever than yours. Same thing for skin colour etc: imagine a game where you can freely choose your skin colour, in the same world where 4chan exist (hint: our world).

If it can help understanding my point of view, it’s like that colour scene in Reservoir Dogs: they forced colours because otherwise everyone would have chosen black:
https://
www.
youtube.
com/watch?v=nDNugevy2Cw

1 Like

Dude what if her head was a boob

damn there are books!?

This concept only exists where confort of living exists

You don’t have time to think about that when you are hungry and constantly attacked

Hard times create strong men

Strong men create good times

Good time create weak men

Weak me create hard times

How about disabled players, there must be a few. ParaDiablo2 ?

1 Like

I like this idea alot. But its a lot of work. 3D character and animation is a heavy lift. And youd want unique rigging for each gender

I am actually pro gender (Male/Female) and Anti Sexual identity and LGBT.

Why can’t I identify as jewish or black then?