Gear was stolen off my toon I was wearing. How can this happen?

I am a lvl 82 pally. I was in join group when I saw a lvl 10 in act 1 asking for waypoints. The players name is JACKEDNIBBS. After I gave all the waypoints to him we went back to rogue encampment. He then said "I really like your gear. " Then he typed “lol, laterrrr.” At that point I noticed my grief sword and dream shield were missing. No trades were made, but they were gone. I tracked him down in join group, confronted him about it. His response was, "You should hold onto your pots better. " How can this happen? And has it happened to anyone else you know? And yes, I have opened a ticket on it.

you screwed up somewhere. there is no hack or exploit to steal your gear.

only 1 of a few possible options:

1. you accidentally downloaded a program that dropped your gear
  2. someone logged into your account and took your stuff
  3. you weren’t paying attention and dropped the gear on the ground, maybe you did “Ctrl + click”
  4. you got very unlucky and blizz servers f’d up causing your items to disappear.

and you’re sure you didn’t accidentally hit W or hit right stick if you’re using a controller and swapped your weapon set?

1 Like

The computer I’m on is only 4 days old. I haven’t downloaded anything but the game. I did not drop it accidentally. And when I tracked this player down and confronted him, he joked about me being able to hold onto my pots. What does that mean? I checked all my other tools, not 1 of them is missing any gear. Through no fault of my own my gear was taken off of my toon that I was wearing. End game player.

why would he tell you that if he stole your gear…and why would he only take weapon/shield and not everythig?..whatever he said was nonsensical…

again, since it was only your weapon + shield, I am betting that you either hit W or right joystick if you’re playing controller and you swapped over to your 2nd weapon set slot.

*toons… not tools (have checked all other toons)

PRESS W

13 characters

2 Likes

You could be right. I did not check that.

Sooo… What’s the juicy explanation? Did you accidentally weapon switch?

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Not at my comp. I hope you are right. If so, I owe that player an apology.

Yea, at some point you hit W or some other key that switches between your primary and secondary weapon sets. You still have your stuff.

It can be a little unnerving to be sure (as I’ve accidentally done this after a corpse run). That’s why it’s only your shield and sword.

10 characters of facepalm

best response. lolol

The fact he joked about you holding onto pots leads me to believe you mistakenly CTRL clicked and dropped your gear. The joke could stem from how close CTRL click is to SHIFT click…which is a pots shortcut.

I still want to know how this story ended.

well, we got a chupacabra with commies hacks stealing all our stuff - i can see the predicament we are all in