Game updates needed

For all of us, this is something that i’m sure is happening all over the forums - but here’s my take on it.

We all love this game, that’s why we’re here. The core of this game is so good, we’re playing it decades later. Fine.

I’m loving some of the class/skill changes, the addition of additional t85 areas, the changes to Uber D. All GREAT things.

What I’m suggesting further are additional improvements (some of which have been made in other MOD’s, other players’ suggestions) but are my take on the same and/or to cover anything not already suggested.

Firstly: Item updates.
Part of what makes this game great is the gear. Magic-finding your way through thousands of demons and undead, it’s endlessly fun.
But the game is filled with useless items that have almost no utility to them, especially when stacked up against staples like Enigma, HOTO, Shako, etc. Sure, you have to work your way up to find/trade/make these, but sooooooo many runewords are lack-luster or lack a place in usefulness in end-game/build-up farming. Especially when you consider the runes to make some of these. Sure, maybe that one runeword is good on your cousin’s girlfriends brother’s a5 merc for his build, kinda… But what we really need is some revamping of runewords and mid/top-tier unique items to REALLY make them shine…
Additionally… Rare Items need a boost… Sure some of the helms can roll skills, but rare boots, belts, shields and weapons really need a bump to make them stand out. This game USED to have some crazy lucky rare rolls that rivaled uniques in certain circumstances, and outside of circlets, ammy’s and rings, this would smooth the come-up leveling and create a usefulness for identifying rares.
Also, the mid an ‘‘endgame’’ class sets need to stand out. Aside from Tals, there is almost no reason to use M’avina’s, IK, Gris, Aldur’s, etc. Maybe one piece is a good substitute for a stat/dmg boost by itself until you find/trade/(or let’s be honest, in somce cases BUY) the right piece but there’s almost no reason to even pick these up to use or trade. Definitely needs updating.
Also on the list for needing updates:
Large charms - most of these can’t even roll enough stats to match or beat two small charms, which is crazy
I’ve also never, EVER seen a rare jewel that had anything useful on it. Definitely need a boost, especially since you can’t use them in crafting.

Crafting also needs an update. The specific item/armor types are antiquated, not very good, and nobody crafts anything but caster ammy’s or sin/zon gloves in some cases.

We also need the ability to bump player difficulty online, perhaps only in private games? There are rarely any pub games that have a few players in it that aren’t already completely MF’d out, and outside of making your own game and hoping to get to the things you like to MF before someone else is just a bummer. If you’re not a streamer with 14 friends online that are willing to play with you and not pick up any loot, you’re doomed to the endless MF grind, with solo drops.
Hardly anyone is running baal/chaos, you’re fighting lag and other players for anything that drops.

And I know Dbrunski said it, but a map system like in PD2 would be AWESOME. That added SOOOOOOO much playability to the game, especially being able to craft/reforge maps to have inherent MF, GF, and stat boosts/penalties to mobs/players, just made the game so much more replayable and allowed for ANY build to be able to go magic-find, not just sorcs and pally’s that use gear that conveniently has MF built onto it.

3 Likes

I think its time to move on after 20 years of Diablo 2.

Crafting is something they could definitely visit IMO. Yes the vast majority of the crafted items are unused because they are not worth the effort.

Large charms could also be revisited to put them in line between small and large charms.

There are plenty of base items that don’t have a set and/or unique variant.

As far as bringing more power to rare items and rare jewels, that is something that if ventured, would need to be very carefully done to avoid power creep. Even if they did boost some of the max rolls, yeah, most of the random rare drops will be garbage… But that 1:10,000,000 drop happens with the perfect rolls, duping the item will be highly sought after.

Anyone recall the massively duped Corruption Grip rare ring?

1 Like

agree with this, game need update

1 Like

Very very true, and good reference! But yeah, we will need to do it carefully. I just think it’s time much in the vein of PD2, more builds an more equipment became viable.

For sure we need some solid updates to add to the depth and replayability of this great game.

Buffs to elite uniques

Buffs to bad skills

Buffs to Act 3 and 1 mercs

Fix the lobby

Add some endgame maps

Add a reason to do quests like blood raven in nm/hell

1 Like