Game not responding to keyboard/mouse input after death

Seems when I am playing in old gfx mode, right after I die, if I press enter which brings up the chat input box, the game stops responding to keyboard/mouse input. I am forced to kill the process. I have to be careful each time I die to only press ESC. Been happing alot to both my brother and I. When we die, its habit to press enter and chat with the party. If there is anything else I can do to help just let me know, thanks!

It seems for me there is no ingame bug . It sounds like a technical issue. Maybe you should change the Forum to the Technical support.

Forum topic has been changed to Tech Support. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I have the same problem. I’m playing on an unsupported integrated graphics card, so I play only on the legacy graphics (more or less trouble free). Whenever I die, there is no obvious way to continue. My solution is just to shift back to the modern graphics, where there is a “continue” box that shows up and then shift back to the legacy graphics once I respawn.

I am able to reproduce this issue. Can anyone else confirm?

1. create a new non HC char
  2. switch graphics mode to old style
  3. go out and get killed
  4. on the death screen, press enter as if you wanted to chat with your party

From this point, the game no longer recognizes my inputs. I can’t type anything into the chat box, I can’t press ESC to rez. I can’t do anything. The game still is running though in the background. The only thing I can do from here is kill the process or ALT-F4 to kill the window.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.