AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

No new patch, still 1.0.65956

1 Like

That’s true, you don’t really get an AVX error message , who knows… what I don’t understand is why if this last patch was for AVX, why now the game launches but crashes. Is AVX an actual issue? what ever is happening, is preventing thousands of players to play and tbh, as an ectrician I can not go home after doing an electrical installation that does not work and tell my customer, well, don’t you have BBQ and candles? see you on monday! have a nice weekend!

4 Likes

lol :smiley: imagine going to a restaurant, ordering some food, pay for the Food, and the waiter tells you thath they have some Problem in the kitchen and serves you a empty plateand tells you to come tomorrow, maybe wi will than have food again, just maybe

8 Likes

It wasnt for AVX. The patch notes say they have to run more tests on it. And earliest will probably be monday. Unless they get a fix before. It also states they are working on it over the weekend.

Edit: Im just as mad I cant play. but also Ladder hasnt started! its okay!

5 Likes

ahaha lol, that’s the point, you, as a billionary company that really wants to fix the problem, you pay your employees, who are responsible, for working overtime and fixing the problem, if you say goodbye until Monday it is because it is not a problem as such and perhaps, is a solution for a bigger problem.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes i have this 1.0.65956 and the difference from previous version… click PLAY, black screen then error to send to Blizzard.

4 Likes

or maybe, with all the Problems Blizzard is facing right now, people are leaving the company, now they don’t have enough resources & Talented Devs to deal with this kind of issue. So they hire some new devs/freelancers who doe not bring what it takes to work as a Dev for a company like BLizzard

1 Like

They would first enter a command line option to disable this AVX … and any user can try this.

i wonder how many ppl bought a game and cant play it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I hope they sleep well

at least they should add a notification in the launcher about this issue, couse there are a lot of ppl who do not read forums or twitter msg etc.

5 Likes

Hi Osprey,
I had exactly same thoughts. This were logical in this situation.
Bad perspectives for us.
Greetings from Germany where the game forum is nearly exploding…

Do you really think they give a s*** about any of us here or any other person who can’t play? Let’s be real

3 Likes

Wenns so weiter geht, können wir ev. zu Weihnachten zocken…

1 Like

Ja, Weihnachten 2022… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve reinstalled it twice.

They kicked it and it rolled. then stopped and caught fire. and put out, apparently, on Monday.Restful sleep…

1 Like

d2 is a legend, d2r is a legendary failure

9 Likes

Tryed alot of things by now:

I tried to repair. Tried to restart the launcher. Tried to reboot my computer. Created a new account on my computer to make sure nothing was interfering. Unstilled every driver related to sound an gfx and reinstall. Tryed to reinstall the game. Tried to boot from the d2r folder, with and without admin priviliges.

Nothing works, besides waiting.

2 Likes