AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I don’t know my friend, but ladder is another factor I was missing… Why do you think they decided to avoid ladder at release?
Imagine hordes of players during ladder at release having missing characters, servers going down, not able to play or whatever… they knew what was going to happen during release… I mean they are a billionarie company, they have tons of info about their player base to know and expect what’s going to happen. Getting the appearance of being incompetent is the least harmful to them.

I think ladder won’t have as many problems because as I said, after some weeks the waters will return to their course regarding servers traffic.

3 Likes

I was expecting to play at release, but after open beta and considering the huge hype I knew we would have many problems with servers, what I didn’t expect is this AVX thing… but hey, you can’t say that they don’t innovate, lol.

1 Like

Bei mir auch, schwarzer Bildschirm und Fehler danach. danke blizz

1 Like

exactly, i also expected some Server Issues ( like in the good old WoW Patch-Days… ) but this here is a hole ohter Issue. The last time a had a PC Game not starting up was 1000 Years ago with my Windows 95 pc. Even with a old crapy System you should at least be able to start the Game

3 Likes

jo bei mir auch. Schwarzer bildschirm und error… weiter warten…

1 Like

There’s new Patch! Anyone has it work for him/her?

i tryed alpha stress test AOE 4 and after installing the game i got the error message that AVX isntructions are not in charge with my CPU. I think for D2R that’s strange that we have crash report only going to the event observer from w10 to see error 1000 and 1005. they can’t really show an error message if it’s about AVX and as the beta doesn’t required AVX right ? xD that’s maybie the “why” it worked with older cpu as well during BETA

That’s exactly the reason of why I don’t think this is “unexpected”, again, after being able to play the beta without problems. Then, there were no betas and any system could give you many incompatibility issues, now everything is more standarized and except for different O.S. (PC, Mac, Consoles, etc…) everything should be working… and oh what a coincidence that this AVX thing, one of the few things that can differentiate old and new Pcs pops up here.

3 Likes

“Installed fix” then now the only change from beginning black screen then ERROR to report to Blizzard. Not work for me.

1 Like

Now i get different Error msg after Windows troubleshooting:
“Failed to initialize graphics device. Please ensure your PC meets the minimum requirements and your drivers are up to date”.

I have RTX3060Ti…

2 Likes

No new patch, still 1.0.65956

1 Like

That’s true, you don’t really get an AVX error message , who knows… what I don’t understand is why if this last patch was for AVX, why now the game launches but crashes. Is AVX an actual issue? what ever is happening, is preventing thousands of players to play and tbh, as an ectrician I can not go home after doing an electrical installation that does not work and tell my customer, well, don’t you have BBQ and candles? see you on monday! have a nice weekend!

4 Likes

lol :smiley: imagine going to a restaurant, ordering some food, pay for the Food, and the waiter tells you thath they have some Problem in the kitchen and serves you a empty plateand tells you to come tomorrow, maybe wi will than have food again, just maybe

8 Likes

It wasnt for AVX. The patch notes say they have to run more tests on it. And earliest will probably be monday. Unless they get a fix before. It also states they are working on it over the weekend.

Edit: Im just as mad I cant play. but also Ladder hasnt started! its okay!

5 Likes

ahaha lol, that’s the point, you, as a billionary company that really wants to fix the problem, you pay your employees, who are responsible, for working overtime and fixing the problem, if you say goodbye until Monday it is because it is not a problem as such and perhaps, is a solution for a bigger problem.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes i have this 1.0.65956 and the difference from previous version… click PLAY, black screen then error to send to Blizzard.

4 Likes

or maybe, with all the Problems Blizzard is facing right now, people are leaving the company, now they don’t have enough resources & Talented Devs to deal with this kind of issue. So they hire some new devs/freelancers who doe not bring what it takes to work as a Dev for a company like BLizzard

1 Like

They would first enter a command line option to disable this AVX … and any user can try this.

i wonder how many ppl bought a game and cant play it :slight_smile:

12 Likes