AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Ahh too bad, my excitement is all gone. Hopefully I can get a refund even though I pre-ordered months ago.

1 Like

What a debacle.

/me unfollows D4

well sorry but that not acceptable give a COMPENSATION to those ton of players who were praying to play this weekend

5 Likes

Monday? lol. What a effing circus.

4 Likes

Wow. Yeah looking like I’m going to refund. I’m not risking losing the money and this not being fixed for a while

Go about your lives. Nothing is happening until the client update and QA tests it over the weekend. Yes, I’m just as PTFO as the rest of you after the beta ran flawlessly at 1440p/60fps and max settings, only to inexplicably not be able to launch the **** game at all.

4 Likes

If we participated in open beta then when they fix this issue, this should be considered a safe purchase, right?

I’m going to go full tin foil hat here: They’ve had a fix for some time now. But with the servers already on life support and half the player base mad at them on social media over locked characters and the such…why would they consider releasing a patch that would create an instant flood of thousands of players? It would be the straw that broke the camels back at this point. I’d bet money they view this AVX snafu as a literal GODSEND.

8 Likes

i can’t for the life of me understand why they went ahead and added this program without testing it between the beta test and actual game launch. i know this is modern blizzard and we should expect terrible bugs and problems launch day but an entire new program without testing it?? just beggars belief…

7 Likes

All I know is if the company I worked for had a problem where thousands of customers couldn’t access a paid service, there’d be an active conference call with production support, development and testers 24/7 until resolved. But… next turn.

9 Likes

Unacceptable. Something is changed after Beta and prior to release but no one in QA bothers to test it sufficiently for your install base. Then 31 hours later you tell these thousands of paying customers “Sorry you can’t play for another 48-72 hrs minimum”. Not like this was a free upgrade from D2, your client base paid $40+ for this f-up. This will be eventually fixed and passed off as an “oops” and no consequences nor any realistic compensation for the paying customers. But hey at least the big time Twitch streamers are having fun.

6 Likes

Then take down the game for everyone till you have it up and fixed. Absolute bullshiit to run this launch and game this way. I hope you all get sued and people get fired over this debacle of a company release.

9 Likes

Same issue here as in OG post;

AMD Phenom II X4 965

She’s rusty but trusty. Hoping for a patch soon.

2 Likes

These kind of situation reminds me of Rush, history of Niki Lauda (played by Daniel Bruhl), when he drives for Ferrari for the first time and then gives the feedback of the car.

I’m incredibly let down too. Because I love all Diablo Series. Head UP , all what we can do now is to wait and pray for it !

1 Like

Must be nice to have a job that lets you lie to your customers, with no consequences. O ya Blizz doesn’t know about consequences hints why there are so many law suits.

4 Likes

There is port on gamepressure about this, blizz does not care

There’s already a conspiracy here in this thread that the AVX issue is intentional and intended to gate player numbers to save server hosting costs

2 Likes

Assuming you have the same issue as myself, I’m sure this will get fixed eventually yes. Just sux so bad to have to wait this long

1 Like

i wouldn’t hope for it to work get your refunds while u still can

1 Like