AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

yeh this guy has been updating pretty decently.

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/with_replies

1 Like

here’s a question, will repeat pressing of the play button back into the play button damage our cpu’s? im not tech savy but if we are asking our systems to run something they arn’t not designed to do will it damage my hardware/software?

Anyone know.

Also man kann auf einer Nintendo switch D2R spielen und auf einem PC, wo kein AVX vorhanden ist, nicht?

1 Like

when you say “people” i feel like you mean you.

It will damage your CPU, it will force you to vote for Donald Biden, and become a Fembot.

3 Likes

“On top of this, we’re exploring the AVX issue, preventing players from launching the game. As we progress, we’ll provide an update if we receive a development on this front”

Do you have a PS4 or PS5? Maybe just drop 40 bucks on console if you absolutely have to play today… Might even be able to get a refund after the fact.

I innocently wonder what the first priority is?

2 Likes

Nope, it will try to send a bunch of commands to your CPU that it simply cannot understand as it’s too old, so it will respond back to the D2R application with some error code, which the D2R.exe then catches as major malfunction and causes it to auto close itself

Yes this issue does not exist on any of the consoles, but others may…

So after reading all the issues regarding AVX, I decided to test D2R with 3 different computers. 2 With older CPU’s and one with a more modern but old cpu:

• Phenom II X6 1090T 16gb DDR3 1333mhz 1050ti GPU (D2R doesn’t work / No AVX, SSE4.1, and SSE4.2 support )
  • FX 6300 16gb DDR3 1866mhz 1650 GPU (D2R works / Has AVX, SSE4.1, and SSE4.2 support)
  • I5 6500 16gb DDR4 2400mhz 1660 Super GPU (D2R works / Has AVX, AVX2, SSE4.1, and SSE4.2 support)

So currently it seems if your CPU is older than a SandyBridge series for Intel or Vishera for AMD Series, D2R will not run until it gets patched to remove or bypass AVX

5 Likes

yes this was from last night. They said last night their QA patch attempt failed and they would try again in the AM. WELL ITS PAST THE AM

So we’re “top 3” in the 5 issues they’re working on. Maybe we’ll get to play when they launch ladder.

keeping our money, keeping streamers happy.

I just want to play a 2000 game on my 2007 CPU, is that too much to ask?

2 Likes

And me! i5-750 (┬┬﹏┬┬)

If only my upload was good enough to stream the “Play” button gameplay under Diablo 2: Resurrected category, with maxed out Doom Eternal and Path of Exile running on the background at 100+ fps. Farm some views like that. Khe khe

2 Likes

I wonder if we will be able to play at all this weekend…

1 Like

The tech support that gave me my refund said the Phenom II X6 1100T would never be able to run D2R but I am hoping it will after the AVX fix.

1 Like

just looked, is there a post in the bug report forum on this?