AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

My i7-960 can run New World just fine… can’t run d2r because of ‘inadvertently’ requiring AVX.

3 Likes

What was the last official update on this?

We’re working on it, they even advice themselves refunding until its fixed if you do not wish to wait.

I have requested a refund and got an answer.
Thank you for getting in touch regarding your issue with not being able to launch Diablo 2 Resurrected, my name is …and I’ve been taking a look into this for you.

Good news is that I’ve successfully requested a refund for you:) Remember, that you shouldn’t login to the game until we removed the game from your account, as it will cancel the process . A refund might take up to 2 working weeks to be completed.

he’s banning everyone who ask about AVX fix, he’s just a clown, i dont understand how someone like him gets promoted after this dumpster fire, complete sh1tsh0w

6 Likes

If you got this far, you will read this last post!!!

The problem here is AVX.

Understand more about reading a statement, where they put the blame on our setup (Us users).

This is where everything focuses!

But you can complain here too! Note you can feel at the end of the food chain!

https://twitter.com/PezRadar

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FIXAVX&src=typed_query&f=top

In this video we have one of the first youtubers talking about the subject at the launch and another more current about the problem!

5 Likes

I ask you to leave your contribution here on metacritic is very important.

4 Likes

Zero point involving PezRadar. They are unwilling to keep us updated and think posting pictures of themselves on Twitter celebrating the launch with champagne is appropriate.

I would suggest at this point Mike Ybarra instead.

Mike Ybarra (@Qwik) / Twitter

6 Likes

I didn’t ask for the refund but… just in case.

Feel free to copy and paste and edit this post so it will be remembered.

How I remember fighting the evil that plagued the land.

I didn’t ask for the refund but… just in case.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

Feel free to copy and paste and edit this post so it will be remembered.

How I remember fighting the evil that plagued the land.

#FIXAVX

1 Like

Refund even if you intend buying if/when fixed.

Money is the only metric that matters to them. If they don’t have yours and it’s costing them in additional support time then maybe they will look at what caused these issues and Diablo 4 won’t be a clown fiesta like D2R.

3 Likes

I believe that visibility on social media brings a solution, mainly because we don’t have a position here on the support page!
We have to find out for them the problem and then search on social networks that are more busy with information than here, where they try to blame the old processors. Somebody m4kesh1t there and should be apologizing. I also believe in refunds! I had done it myself at the time of the beta but I took the bait again. That money went from the coffin to bury Blizzard.

5 Likes

For whomever is counting, I am one of the people that elected to refund. I will consider repurchasing once this is resolved, but every day that passes validates my choice to me.

I was a pre-order, painless refund process, despite the painful weekend of troubleshooting something out of my reach. Anyone else reformat their hard drive and install a fresh Win10? Too bad I own a first gen i7, what an alleged toaster.

6 Likes

No updates from these harassers yet?

4 Likes

this is the part where they make it feel like your fault for the abuse

2 Likes

Going for a refund. The game does not work. The required specs where wrong. Waited long enough for a fix.

I am working at ERP company. I checked logs deeper. For me its looks like the game while starting to brings for graphic driver. In shortcut I think the game has a problem with choose right graphic system. Maybe more advanced motherboards has a settings at bios which do not bring for right directly way for choose the graphic. It can be fault by driver for grpahic card and BIOS settings. Even if you have PC with only graphic card without CPU grap. system. The game starting looking for the another graphics system and the first which is meets is kind of built in, whats its not true, but is the first way for check.

I did same thing as u. Omg, i cant even describe how hard i hate bliz now, and i was thinking after all mess that they did before, nothing cant so much stress me. But no. They achieve new top of bottom. And they just keep silenced. Day after day. How it can be possible?

Add me to the list of people on an 11yr old rig (i7 940) who can’t launch the game after having no issues in either of the betas. I may be “below spec”, but I have no issues running most current games on this setup at a higher resolution/framerate than my kids’ 6-month old Ryzen 5 4500 laptop. Not thrilled about this launch, or the lack of transparency and updates. This is the top thread on the Tech Support Forum with almost 5000 posts, yet there hasn’t been any updates since early yesterday. Get your act together Blizzard.

4 Likes

No updates. 40 hours.

All we have is a “few days testing” and being left in the wind.

This could be a textbook example of how not to handle your customers.

4 Likes