AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

you need to test it befor or ask a pro, because i saw ppls with cpu who support avx cant run it too

1 Like

Updated to 1.0.66034 and nothing change. Black screen and error.

At this point… PLEASE LEAVE ME THE BETA AND LET ME PLAY… i ask too much?

PS: I am very curious to understand HOW THE TESTING PHASE OF THIS GAME WAS CARRIED FORWARD … I AM REALLY CURIOUS.

2 Likes

No matter if you refund or not don’t forget to leave your metacritic reviews too :wink:

www. metacritic. com/game/pc/diablo-ii-resurrected

2 Likes

They took all day Monday to patch the game (which is when they said they would patch the damn game). THE PATCH DOES NOT FIX THE LAUNCHING ISSUE.

2 Likes

no era parche si no actualización para arreglar lo de mapa que le falla lo de avx dicen que en los proximos dias jejejejjejeje

They are NOT below their minimum spec! I’m running an i7 which is ABOVE their minimum spec for processor. They are lying!

9 Likes

por cierto la play 4 si tiene soporte avx? por que mi pc es mas potente que una play 4 y no se puede jugar

still getting the exact same issue… cmon blizzard…

1 Like

It might also need SSE4 I believe, but most modern cpu should have that too.

lo mas gracioso es que tienen la cara de decir esto
Las configuraciones sin AVX estaban funcionando en Beta. Al optimizar el juego, inadvertidamente incluimos la NESECIDAD de AVX para su lanzamiento

Maybe they didn’t test on 10+ year old hardware? I have the same issue btw (I7-875k here). Could run the beta fine and now waiting for an update to fix the AVX requirement issue.

lo probamos nosotros con las BETAS CERRADA Y ABIERTA y se podía jugar pero no le intereso o lo que sea para no petas los servidores que de hecho han petado jejejejejjeje

D2R.EXE -noavx or -dx11 wouldn’t be possible? I really think so, that if they wanted to …

3 Likes

For anyone not getting refunds make sure you look at your country’s consumer law, for example Australia’s ombudsman will enforce a refund from Blizzard if your country has similar and you have been refused a refund mention your country’s version.

1 Like

I’m going to refund. I’m just going to play on my Switch since Blizzard can’t figure out how to get a damned game to launch on a PC with an older chipset.

1 Like

I like Diablo 2 so I decided to give up waiting and buy a new PC.
My amateur guess is that it won’t be resolved for a while.
I forget that the beta worked.

Good luck Blizzard!

1 Like

I’ve refunded the game just now because of the AVX issue. This has turned out to be like a W3 reforged experience to me.

At this point… i have to buy console… probably Activision pushed in this way.

1 Like

I’m sorry to see that programmers and experienced people at Blizzard weren’t able to figure out in advance what was going to happen … I think it is really incredible, I can’t believe it … I hope it will be fixed both for the players but also for Blizzard, otherwise it would really be the final blow and I would be sorry.

1 Like

The best thing All of us can do without AVX, now that we know Blizzard has lied about the minimum specs in an effort to Divert the blame, and knowingly so they will probably not correct the issue,

IS FOR ALL non-AVX CPU users is to just mass refund. Not one person here wants to rly play more than the next or was waiting anymore than the next.

The only thing consumers can do to companies is boycott and return the products.
ya’ll enjoy the arguing and waiting, I for one have learned over the many years dealing with blizzard is to just move on to something different and wait until you can get the game for 5 dollars in a few months.

Get your refunds while they are still giving them bc of this issue. HFGL and best wishes on your refunds. Stand together as a community or bicker as individuals.

9 Likes