AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

adolph

My Diablo 2r is not opening I click play and nothing asks me to play again.

3 days ago

adolph

The game does not start! I’ve done all the procedures since yesterday! Even with the launch problems the game didn’t even open! What’s happening? I can’t even play offline. I click play and ask to play again. I await the solution or an answer!

3 days ago

A portion of this ticket was merged from US812345367864578.

3 days ago

Paerisill

Hi Adolfo, Thanks for contacting us today, Game Master Paerisill over here! Good friend, I recommend restarting your network devices to ensure your router hasn’t been flooded with data. update your drivers to resolve compatibility issues Updating Your Drivers and Operating System - Blizzard Support To avoid conflicts close programs running in the background https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/23848 If the problem persists please be sure to report the issue here Technical Support - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums Hope you have a good afternoon. Hug!

3 days ago

This ticket has been marked as Answered.

3 days ago

adolph

Don’t f4ck m3! How well update driver are you kidding? speak the truth!!! You made a mistake and still come with router history hahahahahahahaha AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU) - #290 by Drakuloth

2 days ago

Teedwor

Greetings! Teedwor in the area! First of all I hope everything is fine with you Adolfo. I didn’t quite understand the answer, in this case generally a common reason that the game can crash or give problems when opening it would be because of the pc’s drivers that may be out of date. But there is a “problem” at the moment, which would refer to this link you sent where older processors like i5, i7, Xeon, which are above the minimum requirements of the game, but because of AVX it crashes the game when it starts. We don’t know yet if the developers will update the game’s minimum requirements, or if they will tweak the game’s compatibility with AVX on these older processors. Anyway, there’s no way to know exactly if the problem you’ve been having was because of this or not. Como obter arquivos de sistema - Atendimento Blizzard We need you to attach MSinfo and Dxdiag to the ticket, so we can analyze your machine and send you recommendations on how to solve the problem, or confirm if the problem was due to AVX itself. Hugs.

2 days ago

This ticket was marked as Need More Info. Please provide the requested information.

15 hours ago

adolph

Dude my problem is the same as several people! You guys have to tell me why the beta worked and now this one doesn’t!

15 hours ago

adolph

Now the game starts and this error occurs! 38BB2CD5-E2BF-4568-857A-84BC5780528E resolve this since launch. If it’s not running on my machine I want a refund!

11 hours ago

This ticket was marked as Need More Info. Please provide the requested information.

11 hours ago

Sytphlan

Hello Adolfo!! Game Master Sytphlan ready and reporting for o7 service Thank you for contacting Blizzard support today about your diablo 2 issue. msinfo and dxdiag attached to your ticket. For more details on how to do this, go to this link https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Obtaining-System-Files We can make a refund too, just confirm it here. Thank you for the contact.

1 Like

I would like to ask blizzard directly an important question and I hope sincerely please. The PCs that do not have AVX function we will be able to play Diablo 2 Resurrect YES or NO, please say FAST and it clearly so that I can make my refund. THX

3 Likes

Blizz needs to be sued. This was intentionally added to the game to force many to go out and buy new systems. There is not other reason for it. “We inadvertently added”. Nice try escaping the mistake. You went through months of testing and “oops” integrated AVX support into the game by mistake? Bull!@#.

Then you change system specs on your main page (while still not including a message about the ACTUAL problem. Everything is mafioso. Read between the lines, covering our asses for our fup.

Purchased New World. Game loads perfect. (New game, not 20 years old). FIRE that developer. I know you have version control, check who posted the changes, and why they did.

4 Likes

Вернуть. Я делал предзаказ и сделал возврат средств в прошлую субботу.

If this happened to PoE, the GGG team would be working on it night and day until the problem was resolved. Chris Wilson would be giving us constant updates on the PoE forums, on Reddit and Twitter, and they’d be apologizing profusely.

Blizzard, meanwhile, is hosting speedrun events and their community manager is taking shirtless selfie pics and marveling over his friends list being on D2, while being well-aware that a portion of their players can’t access the game. And they don’t care. They could give a squat less about you or your $40, because they’ve made enough to cover the minority here that are having problems. At this point, they’ve probably accepted this part of the community as a loss and have accounted for x% of refunds to be based on AVX.

Those of you that can’t get in, do yourself a favor: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

And don’t look back. Don’t go to D2R on Switch or PS5 or any of that. Don’t go upgrading your computer just so you can play it. Take a stand and tell Blizzard you’ve had enough of their taking you for granted. Sure, maybe you’ve looked forward to this for a while, but from the reports people that are playing have given, the live game has its own share of problems. Perhaps we’ll be much better without.

This was Blizzard’s last hurrah before they have to face the PR hellstorm from all of these sexual harassment lawsuits. The less fuel we give them to fight it, the larger a price they will have to pay to fight and continue.

Don’t give them what they want. Take your money back and put it in better places.

Once again, for those who can’t find the link: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

19 Likes

While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play. Setups without AVX were working in Beta

Oh oh oh! Nonono…
Most CPUs here not having AVX run circles around your minimal spec. There are even new CPUs without AVX out there, much faster (Pentium Gold) wich exceed your minimal specs by many years. If AVX is used/ needed YOU HAVE TO SAY SO. If you didnt, its YOUR FAULT!

To blame our systems if your minimum required specification is not correct is sort of, yeah, how do i put it?

10 Likes

3 days ago, I bought a new computer for this game… i5-10400f, 1660 super, 8 gb ram. Supports AVX.

Same problem as everybody else in this thread with blackscreen after ‘press play’.

A30CB6E1-41F8-4575-9EFE-9B8B7CED80D2

1 Like

You do not have the same problem. You have got AVX…

wainting for my refund.

1 Like

I’ve done everything else that google hits me with to launch the game (all drivers updated, admin mod, start from folder, shut down fw etc etc) still same

Yeah. But you are in the wrong thread…

they have no forecast to fix the problem

2 Likes

repayment completed, I waited long enough

1 Like

That’s because they don’t plan to fix it. They’re weighing the cost of the fix vs. letting everyone refund and likely see it to be too much trouble to keep working on at this point.

2 Likes

do you need to refund within 72h?

I just woke up, what does this mean. Are they going to fix it but take 1+ week for them, or can i just stop hoping to play the game?

Seems like it. I just refunded as well because I don’t want to get caught with a game I can’t play if the game’s still not playable after the AVX fix (if they decide to fix it).

You can always re-purchase after their fix and see if it works.

1 Like

would be nice. tired of waiting. This information was not in the minimum hardware requirements to run the game.

ty, ill do the same and most likely return the computer i bought

Did they patch the game again? My launcher says Version: 1.0.66034