AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

imagine playing the game on ultra during beta and seeing this kind of update… blizzard is a joke, i though Vicarious Visions was a good thing for diablo 2 because blizzard wasnt involved on it, i was so wrong…

5 Likes

So we must all be developrs to be able to play a blizzard game.
Im working as a develop in a company and from reading the requirements it wasn’t
clear to me that my CPU must support AVX to play.

At least this MUST be clearly visible from the requirements - and that’s clearly not the case!

I wouldn’t buy a game that can’t be run from my system.

3 Likes

they did… was a big slap to our face, a lot of us went for our refund, “While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play. Setups without AVX were working in Beta. In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch.” this was something that needed to be communicated (NOT 5 DAYS AFTER LAUNCH), as I never heard of AVX being a requirement to play, had I known, I def wouldnt have bought it for a machine that wont even attempt to load it

3 Likes

I though that myself since VV did such a good job with the Crash and Spyro remakes. But we should have known Blizzard would find a way to screw it up. lol

3 Likes

Please have QA raid this issue and rush a fix out.

Hi Drakuloth, thanks for still bringing updates on this issue. As many here mentioned, you seem like a cool guy but again you are the company’s face here. So yeah…

Here’s this:

Windows® 10 Windows® 10
Processor Intel® Core i3-3250
AMD FX-4350 Intel® Core i5-9600k
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Video Nvidia GTX 660
AMD Radeon HD 7850 Nvidia GTX 1060
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
Memory 8 GB RAM 16 GB RAM
Hard Drive Space 30 GB
Network Broadband Internet connection
Resolution 1280 x 720

While the Intel webpage does says Intel® Core i3-3250 supports AVX, it is never mentioned in your minimum specs that you give, that the processor should support AVX. There are a TON of processors that are inmensively superior than the minimum suggested (this is a Legacy processor, for the record) that won’t support AVX, so this is severe missinformation (not to mention many of us purchased the game because of the beta being playable in our setups).

Wrong. Again with the bad phrasing, or simply laughing at us in our faces. You shouldn’t try to ensure as many people as possible can play. You should ensure all of us purchasing your product and meeting your announced (pre) beta system requirements and actually able to play alpha and beta, can play

Nothing that anyone hadn’t say before me, but just adding and reinforcing the general critics on how bad you (as a company) are managing this issue.

Not cool of you organizing speedrun events while we can’t play on day 5 (almost 6) post release.
Not cool of you posting pictures on twitter showing off how good you are doing at the gym instead of working on this, while we have made personal sacrifices and still can’t play
Not cool of you implying that all of the sudden, not meeting minimum specs that you didn’t specified is our fault.
Simply just not cool man.

Sorry again for throwing all these to you Drak, but again you are the face of the company here, and as a proffessional you are, I know you can handle it.

18 Likes

It wasn’t on the requirements. Blizzard even admitted it was their error at first, but now they are covering their behinds by saying it’s our fault.

3 Likes

To this very day, I still don’t understand the D3 story. Diablo 1&2 were great starts, but number three was like suddenly announcing that Anakin Skywalker built C3P0 as a child.

2 Likes

There’s an update just now. Wonder what it could be.

EDIT: Nope, still cant play it.

2 Likes

379317D5-8946-43F2-872D-AFEBA06691C2
Blizzard FIX IT!

Hey why not lets all just spam launch until it’s fixed anyone who has crashes so the influx of crash reports goes through the roof. Until they pay it real attention seeing they are giving such disregard to the issue.

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up. still unable to play, same issue. one second black screen, then unexpected error.

The AVX was NOT in the system requirements. I played the Beta with no problem, and now, 4 days after the launch, they says that will take 1 week to fix??? Or maybe 1 month??? Who knows!!! I’m buying a new PC, I have never been so humiliated by Blizzard and this is a event that i will never forget.

4 Likes

I agree completely. In addition to the cartoony graphics which just isn’t right for Diablo, the story twist in the middle just fell flat for me and just kinda put me off, even though I still finished the game. That’s why I was so excited for the D2 remake.

4 Likes

I offered to do this to everyone yesterday

As much as I would like to do this, I refuse to give them any more of my time and effort as much as possible. It would be a different story if I have nothing else to do or play at the moment, but you know how things are. You do you though.

I’ll wait for the fix – I’ve played a modded D2 before, and there is currently no ladder.

I decided for myself it’s not worth it to buy a new PC only for Diablo II : resurrected,
instead if they tell this won’t be fixed then I have to refund.

Just my 2 cent.

Since I’m sure they already hate me for what I’ve been posting I guess it won’t hurt to do a little advertising for a couple of good games that deserve your time and money. lol If you love Diablo, and since you are here I know you do, check out Grim Dawn and Path of Exile. They are both great games that share the playstyle and a lot of the darkness of Diablo and I’m sure you will love them too. This was unpaid advertisement. lol

3 Likes

There’s a 72 hour window time though for refund now that I remember it. Or around that time frame.

My CPU does support AVX2 and I am stuck on loading screens aswell, can’t play past act 1 getting invisible walls in the grass levels that I can’t pass and such stuff. All the grass levels in act1 make me crash if I walk too far. My character disapears behind the grass and turns invisible, every tp I take might make me crash, entering any kind of cave gets me stuck at a loading screen and crash, completing the andy quest and moving to act 2 makes me not able to load the game anymore. From outher cloister to andy the game works and plays fine for me so there is the weird part…

So while waiting for the fix this might not even help me unfortunately.

Regards,
Robert