AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

[Read User Reviews and Submit your own for Diablo II: Resurrected on PC - Metacritic]
htt ps://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii-resurrected/user-reviews
Its getting great reviews

1 Like

Yea i know, that’S why i don’t like when they cometo us and say that it was a requirement.

12 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/1678/solution that’s the refund link homie, I just now refunded myself

3 Likes

Even better, minimum CPU they list for intel is Intel® Core i3-3250, launched Q2 2013. So is that anything after that processor is supported? G6600 released Q2 2020 doesn’t support AVX but would seem to meet their minimum specs.

Guess they should start listing instruction sets instead of arbitrary CPUs like a bunch of dinguses.

4 Likes

Wow, I am so glad they are taking such good care of us with their broken game. It looks like they can spend the entire day doing speed runs, when in reality they need to fix their broken game.

Stop posting on THEIR forums. Make it known on social media.

These two statements are colliding, just good ol classic Blizzard f**ckery at work, don’t BS your customers, just be honest and don’t sell misleading products that work fine pre launch.
“While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec”
Vs
“AVX support was not supposed to be a requirement for the game, so if the engine is requiring it, that’s unexpected behavior.”
Sort it out.

12 Likes

This update make no sense. They are saying it’s minimum requirements but then go onto say it was inadvertently put it. It can’t be both. If it was inadvertently put in why is it a requirement? Refund requested, this is nonsense.

2 Likes

Not me with a bit higher specs than the recommended requirements to play Diablo 2, just for blizzard to blame us for having lower CPU’s with no avx :upside_down_face:

1 Like

you are asking for way to much, they plan on giving the run around for as long as it takes, it was we need a few more days to fix now its we need a few more days to fix, why don’t they stop lying and just tell us they screwed us over? because they enjoy doing what they do and they enjoy silencing anyone who calls them out on it.

1 Like

Are they implying newer processors can’t handle the lack of AVX? Because beta didn’t have it, and nobody had these issues.

I’m not understanding the hesitancy to fix this.

We already know the results of disabling it, you had 2 betas of test results, why do you need more? It works fine without it. What “optimizations” do people with brand new cpus need when our 12 year old ones dominate this game already?

1 Like

1060… gpu should be fine

1 Like

Someone is gonna have their mind blown when they learn about #ifdef gonna be a wild day.

2 Likes

Honestly just a bunch of monkeys at this point, how this company has fallen.

3 Likes

messed up isn’t it. but what would we expect from a company that lied to us and said we would be all set on release then has the nerve to say get a refund if you don’t like it, or even better get a new cpu, like yeah, we’ll all get a new cpu to look at because it definitly won’t require a new motherboard and ram but again that is what they would do as seeing they like screwing with their customers and saying buy a new computer would be the correct thing as a new cpu doesn’t actually fix anything without the rest of the parts to drop it into.
I don’t think they are being unintelligent they love messing with their customers, the last 10 years shows that to be true.

3 Likes

They are afraid it will interfere with other players and say it is a very small amount of peeps that can’t play. But as said many times I can play all there game and much much more advanced but not this game…

this thread has 58.8k views

The refund link actually works…

I got my refund for now. I am going to wait till Friday and if it’s not fixed by then, I’ll just
buy for PS5…

At least then I can level my chars and when they finally fix it the cross progression will come in handy.

They are just looking for a reason to end today, and then repeat tomorrow

yeah still waiting on my refund, been sending a ticket every hour on the hour

2 Likes

Yea, but, you will give them twice the money for their mistake.