AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

This was something the Legal Dept asked Fletch to put in his tweet. This whole thing has legit gone down an awful road. The post is gonna go down in blizzard meme history and very well should wind up in a California court. The minimum system specs were falsely advertised through countless mediums, including paid betas.

2 Likes

dont forget the marginal if any performance increase!!

…“While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play.”… The most disingenuous lie I ever seen=)
Learn guys, how to reverse the situation: now they are good guys, doing us a favor.

2 Likes

Refunded, this will remember me what I should already know… DO NOT BUY a Blizz game again.

6 Likes

i with you! i have had it

1 Like

HAHAHAH I knew it!

What they said: “IT’S YOUR FAULT”

Impressive, Blizzard.

8 Likes

Absolutely absurd. They’re trying to act like AVX is below minimum requirements, as though it was EVER a requirement. I played this during the beta without any issues what so ever. How do you even make this kind of silly mistake?

I’m never purchasing another game from this deceitful, awful company again and expect a refund on this. I only got it in the first place because I love Diablo and have played since I was a kid.

I thought Diablo 3 had the worst launch of a game ever - turns out Blizz can do much, much worse. I literally can’t even launch the game I pre-ordered, set time aside for, and eagerly waiting for launch. I counted the hours, even. I would gladly take server issues over this. This is the worst kind of betrayal.

Refund this game and wait for a patch, after watching this thread from the start, I promise you that it will not happen this week.

11 Likes

That was a nice attempt at gaslighting. Seems the meeting about the “update” was with lawyers. They knew exactly what they were doing.

5 Likes

@pezradar show me exactly where it says anything about avx, chip generation or anything… #FALSEADVERTISING

11 Likes

they should of know that from the beginning, and if that was going to be the requirement then tell the public, before they buy it, this should of been done 8 months ago so players could be prepared on what THEY want to do

1 Like

I think that we all had our share of bugs or problems in the close and open beta but one thing is sure is that more people could play those versions then the final one. So don’t tell us that when “adding” AVX as a requirement, is your way to ensure that as many people as possible can play, it’s just not right.

they should of know that from the beginning, and if that was going to be the requirement then tell the public, before they buy it, this should of been done 8 months ago so players could be prepared on what THEY want to do

Installing New World as I type. Game comes online line 8am EST tomorrow and I cant wait.

3 Likes

they did know, they just didnt have the money for the launch, this “IS” a bteam project

dont advertise and sell the product knowing that people cannot play because you never told the public what the requirements were going to be, and you changed from beta to now???

2 Likes

Coming from a long time, hardcore Diablo II player and Blizzard fan…

Blizzard really dropped the ball here and then for them to basically blame this issue on our specs not being good enough was just over the edge for me. AVX support was not listed as a required spec. There are plenty of other companies I can give my money to. This is the last time I buy any Blizzard product.

Unfortunately Blizzard is now an empty shell of what it used to be. Good luck to all. Peace.

9 Likes

thats why they have community developement managers

The way i see it, is that they did not intend on using it at first, since it was not in the beta. They worked on the game after the beta tests to improve it and started to use AVX. And now some of us can’t no longer play.

Two options:

1. In Blizzard are dumb af.
  2. Blizzard is extremely elitist and didn’t think LOTS of people won’t be able to play because CPUs without AVX (which makes them really dumb).

like craftsman… just a name…