AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Absolute joke, 20 year old game ā€œNot within minimum specs of 24 core machine.ā€

17 Likes

I appreciate the response. Thank you =)

1 Like

So there is still no fix?

Soooooo thats your only compensation???
pathetic

1 Like

Guess my PC that worked in beta is below minimum specs.

12 Likes

:poop: :poop: :poop: ( 20 poops )

8 Likes

guys ā€¦ itƶs simple, they are in the right of the rule of Game Developing . and as he wrote ā€“ needed to be developt with ā€“ it is their right. and with that sentence they saved themselfs

How is it that weā€™re just now hearing about this requirement and open beta was over a month ago?

2 Likes

So let me guess, you guys donā€™t use github or any version control? Why canā€™t you just revert your commits and go back to the beta state? Seemed to be working fine.

So now AVX is a minimum spec AND takes a week to patch? Disappointing to pay for a game that worked in testing, but doesnā€™t work when released.

14 Likes

It could be weeks by their latest post. It could never come.

I have Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060, 16GB ram, and sometimes I can run for 15 secs (1 for 40 trys), but most after burning logo game shut down and back to the desktop

1 Like

Not sure how complex this really is, but in theory they could add a ā€œPTR buildā€ to our Battlet-Net apps dropdown list for D2R, where affected people could select it and install a PTR client, which then is using the build that has the AVX issue (potentially) fixed. This way we could support Blizzardā€™s QA testing with our plenty of legacy CPUs / Machines while the unaffected playerbase just stays with the normal/live client and is unaffected.

I assume with cloud computing these days, and I believe I read somewhere blizzard uses AWS for their games, it should be no rocket science to add a new build release to their virtual machine AMI portfolio and push it out for interested users via Bnet app.

7 Likes

As much as i get your idea, i donā€™t find that a very good solution tbh. We only had access to half of the Game (and as far as i know from other act 2 had quite some issues in Beta as well)ā€¦ to revert it on an unoptimized state only so we can play as well. We donā€™t need more mess than we already have.

But like i said i get you, the Situation is still frustrating (possible for me a bit less then you guys, because i can atleast enjoy it on consoleā€¦)

Refunded again. Iā€™ll wait till people have confirmed they can actually launch the game before repurchasing this time. Glad they didnā€™t own up to anything and blamed us, the consumers, who pay their company to exist.

1 Like
"your motherboard doesn't have the support for this despite your CPU having this support."

so you may have CPU with AVX but your motherboard could be without it same time ???
as i understand you have to have both with AVX to make it works with D2Refunded ?

So youā€™re actually admitting to lying to us on release day when it was ā€œoh it was all a mistake that slipped past in the release buildā€? Screw us i guess, Just gonna refund this and move on.

1 Like

Put in my refund before this update, and am glad I did. Like how they put that out right at the end of the day so they can go home right after.

Every single person here should get a refund if possible. If you will buy it again immediately, so be it. Take as much money back as possible for now till itā€™s fixed.

Absolute shame. And instead of saying sorry they throw the responsibility to our heads. Pathetic

2 Likes

Get your money back while they still have it.
/facepalm