AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

3 Likes

hopefully checkpot
a guy created a hotfix patch for cyberpunk to remove avx requirement and provides stuff for it … NON-blizz dev´s lets get to work
its on nexusmods at cyberpunk2077 1.3 AVX Fix

There’s an update on the situation, and now from what I understand, it’s our fault because NOW we are not within the minimum spec anymore. Advanced Vector Extensions Issue Update as of 10.5 . I was optimistic at first, I tought Blizzard is a good company, I see where all of this is going… Soon, they’ll just drop the whole thing, simply because it’s our fault and then it’s gonna be too late for a refund. By the way, for those who did’nt read between the line… With that post from mister 799 workout day in a row, we went from “we’ll fix this” to “we might not fix it if it’s too much job, after all it’s your fault”

Thanks again Blizzard.

9 Likes

Hahahahahaha forget these clowns im getting my money back. What a fail of a launch! How hard can you screw us?

This is the response I got from support, I didn’t believe it as well and can’t find any information about this online so unsure if they are blatantly lying to me or not. However its the official info I got about it.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get back to you any sooner.

I just received your ticket regarding having some issues launching Diablo II: Resurrected. We've received a number reports from your situation and we are currently working to address this.

This issue is affecting older CPU's which while certainly meet the requirements in terms of power have older instruction sets. As above this is something we are working on and there are currently not work-arounds. However, the team is looking to roll out a patch as soon as possible address this and for now you can check for more information and updates here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/5579/1738

and here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/7474

**For yourself specifically, your motherboard doesn't have the support for this despite your CPU having this support.**

Thanks once again for giving me a nudge. Once more, I apologize for the wait, so thank you for your patience. Have a wonderful day and take care of yourself.

All the best, o7
1 Like

Hey all,

Reposting this here for visibility. If you’d like to pursue a refund to wait until the fix to repurchase, it can be done at this link.

8 Likes

Right so it’s going to be at least a week before they might fix it. Glad I refunded

4 Likes

Oh so now not having AVX is “not within the minimum specs”. Didn’t see that anywhere until just now. Just stop trying to pad your F ups’ and take the hit.

20 Likes
1 Like

Class actions incoming

12 Likes

welcome at the end of the foodchain
:tangerine: :lemon: :banana: :pineapple: :poultry_leg: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

& @Zevzda Thanks for the Response… still a lackluster for me tbh. I’d understood it if it was about Diablo 4 but for a classic game like D2… meh.

1 Like

“not within the minimum specs”

What a liars

3 Likes

I hope you guys are ready. Here is the problem “QA is going to spend another few days of testing across all of these scenarios and setups in an effort to ensure we are not impacting existing players.” so basically if the patch does impact existing players, they will probably scrap it and give us the finger.

3 Likes

“In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch.” Then why bother getting us “under speced players” back in the bracket? Why not optimize the game for everyone in the first place? Just admit you made a mistake and say sorry for f sake.

1 Like

Absolute joke, 20 year old game “Not within minimum specs of 24 core machine.”

17 Likes

I appreciate the response. Thank you =)

1 Like

So there is still no fix?

Soooooo thats your only compensation???
pathetic

1 Like

Guess my PC that worked in beta is below minimum specs.

12 Likes