Game crashes constantly (every 10-15 mins))

Every 10-15 mins or so, my game suddenly terminates back to desktop, there is no error message. I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps from Diablo II: Resurrected Lockups and Crash Errors - Blizzard Support, but there is no improvement.

It’s pretty much unplayable as is. Please help. Here is my dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/ifv6bmna

Edit:
I’ve lowered my graphics settings to Medium, capped Frame rate to 100, underclocked my gpu by -80MHz, and there is no improvement. I really don’t believe this is a problem on my end. I play lots of other games with no issues at all. What is going on with this? It crashes so often that I can’t even get past the underground passage in act 1.

2 Likes

started this weekend, mine would crash the same way, but about once per hour or so.

unreal how many people are having this issue. blizz really bunged this one up.

1 Like

this nonsense has been going on since patch 2.4 release and all the idiots who claim to have knowledge of this issues and how to fix it at blizzard are full of shyt my pc tech support has gone over my system it is 100 % on blizzards end they don’t know how to maintain servers on any of the games they made they all want to whine about the work place instead of doing what they are paid to do typical woke company

i also having this problem, just bought the game, at first i would play ok for some time before crash but after the server maintance it just crashes all the time cannot play the game anymore

1 Like

I’ve been having similar problems, but only on my laptop. So I did some digging, and I came up with some possible reasons why the issue was with my hardware:

“Only” 8G of RAM
High GPU Usage
High Temps

After some testing, I think “IF” the issue is with hardware, it is the RAM quantity, which is the minimum for the game, and not the recommended 16G. While there were some heat spikes related to game play, there were no obvious “spike, then crash,” moments.

With settings on high for everything, I was using the max amount of Vram I had available, and I think that i may have been asking too much of the CPU when the Vram is maxed.

So last night I lowered settings to low, and I had a clean session for about an hour. Going to start play now and see how it goes.

For comparison, I’m using an Acer Nitro with an i5-10300H cpu, GTX1650 Ti gpu (4gb). On my PC, which uses a 16GB i7 processor and a GTX 1070, there are never any issues of any sort at highest video settings.

But, I will say, these issues only started popping up after the 2.4 patch.

Hello has no issues yesterday at all … today i had an update to my NVIDIA drivers did the express installation an then it seems to be crashin every 5 min … ill goto a waypoint an use it ab it takes me back to my desktop !! no error message nothing … not sure if its the updates drivers or what but this isnt working !! help

2 Likes

I wanted to update my earlier post; I played for a solid 5 hours with low video settings, and there were no issues, online, offline…so for me, lowering the video settings solved the crashing problem. I will probably update my RAM because I want to enjoy it at higher settings, but at least i can play. Good luck everyone!

i have 16 and still crash all the time, the ram it’s not the problem. Blizzard is the problem

2 Likes

please fix the cashing Blizz.

1 Like

@blizzard are you doing anything about this? Same as this thread:

2 Likes

Same problem here since a few days ago, running a 1080TI + 16GB ram, I don’t think my system specs are any issue at all here. Tried repairing the game, no success, tried downgrading my Nvidia drivers, no success…

I have been having the same problem on 2 Xbox Ones, Also, with 2 different ISPs. My connection is good, but I can’t play longer than 10 minutes at a time.

1 Like

Tried to play today, got to the third set of enemies and blue screened (so like… a minute). The only game that ever gives me issues. Either sudden crashing to desktop, or crashing computer. Yet I can play way more intense games for hours with 0 issues.

1 Like

I have had this issue since release, though it has gotten far worse in the last few months, and can no longer have the game open for more than a minute before it crashes straight to desktop without any error message. Hoping for some assistance from Blizz on this.

@Blizzard Still no response?? This is ridiculous. I played for months after first purchasing without any problem, have since installed 4GB additional RAM, and now can’t even get out of town without crashing back to desktop. The second crash within 3min yesterday did send a report to Blizz, but the other dozen never have.

Game is literally unplayable. Please do something.

my game closes ramdomly without any crash report

my spec

windows 11
i7 11800
rtx 3070
64g ram

so im pretty sure it isnt a spec problem.

my game closes ramdomly to desktop without any crash report. but specificatly in act4. except chaos sanctuary. around 20-30mn or 1hour.

i add an another issue. when i put video settings to very high/ ultra, i have some small black box/artefact, specially in act4 and act5 ( Crystalline Passage, Glacial Trail…). in high, it is ok, no black box

I7 9700kf - stock
z390ud - bios F10 - resized bar enabled
32go ddr4 2666. 4*8go - stock
nvidia 3060 Ti Fe with 516.40 drivers
nvidia control panel by default except max frame rate set to 144.
27" asus g-sync 144hz pg278q - 1440p

windows 11 up to date

I can’t play the game for 5 min without crashing!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.