FoH changes please revisit

Understand you want to make some talents more appealing but this change with foh is not solving the pvm issues and will destroy pvp.

In order to have more reasonable change I will suggest you increase foh aoe bolts damage that way the spec will become appealing in pvm and will not destroy pvp balance.

4 Likes

this is the way!

Hopefully your post doesn’t get buried

1 Like

The best change they can do is to allow holy bolts to hit undead AND demons. That way, you can actually farm some useful areas effectively. Holy bolt would do good single target damage and can hit act bosses, while FoH will be good for density clearing.

I still am confused why a holy spell can’t affect demons… doesn’t make sense to me.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say this would be an excellent change; I was just testing out a ‘Holy Bolt’ ‘FoH’ PvE build and trying to make it functional… but there’s just no areas you can effectively work through and you give up all ability to take on Act Bosses.

1 Like

I agree. It makes no sense that holy skills can’t damage demons. I think a one second cooldown would still feel clunky though. Maybe they could keep it at .4 seconds, but lower the lightning damage on it a little to compensate and then have the bolts damage demons and undead.

Totally agree with this, in media you see priests or other religious figures exorcise demons. I don’t see why holy bolts can only effect undead.

2 Likes

Earlier I suggested something like Holy Bolt does 100% dmg to undead, 85% to demons and 50% to monsters. Leave the cast rate as is on live and you make it pvm viable w/o messing with pvp. If you need to leave out the monsters and just do demons / undead that is probably okay too.

1 Like

I really do think having Holy Bolts damage only undead and demons is the most fair way to go. If this thing could hit monsters, this would be arguably better than a hammerdin, as it is a better density farmer. Plus, it fits with the lore a little better to have holy bolts only damage undead/demons as opposed to everything.

At least for monsters, you still have the lightning damage on FoH as a way to slow you down but still get through the game.

1 Like

every build will need to hold a Lightsabre in pvp :thinking:

enjoy 1.10 too 2.4 meta guy this will not be the only issue for pvp

i stick to 1,09 so much less issue and better balance

Completly Agreed

1.- the actual Change on FoH just Destroys PvP
2.- it wont be used by PvE, PvM by any means
3.- needs to be reworked, make Holy Bolts from FoH hits any target except Players and Merceneries
4.- Greatly Reduce damage done by FoH on PvP
5.- take the Cooldown off make it FCR wise to compensate on PvP

Like at least 1/3 of the mobs in game are not demon nor undead tho…simply increase aoe bolt doesn’t do much and as long as people can’t clear map all around easily people won’t use it.

As for pvp…all you really need is lightning absorb gear right?

1 Like

doesnt work on negative res, and FoH use Griffin’s and Conviction Aura and stuff like that, you need high Res to apply absorb

It’s no different than dealing with bliz sorc, stack resist to 300+

2 Likes