Fix Lobbys! Why is it so hard?

the thing is its also forcing ppls to third party websites which is lame…

2 Likes

This has been my exact experience trying to provide feedback to Blizzard for the last 7+ months:

1 Like

Again, really wish I didn’t feel the need to add a voice to this but who knows maybe it will eventually seem like a priority to them.

Online experience would have been twice as good with the old junky but somehow more functional lobby. Now imagine a fully functional lobby, with custom run channels, full game list with search options. Hell trade games with 16 man limits isolated to towns for easier gathering.

This game will never be a new IP racking in $$$ for a decade but it could easily be better than it is.

1 Like

PLEASE YES
This is the number one issue facing the game today by far. If it’s not fixed by next ladder, I likely won’t even bother playing.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem, its so damn infuriating.

2 Likes

Official statement
Lobby meant to be non functional
They genuinely believe there is nothing to fix

2 Likes

why do you think blizzard was sold?

first ladder & leaderboard does not work.
out of “beta” phase & lobby does not work.
game lived of dedicated game creation. cant find games. refresh every 10 seconds.
game had a cheating problem for 20 years. still a problem
game basically is a game creating simulator. cant create more than one game the minute.
game is about speed. loading screens longer than the actual task.
game is about communication. cant communicate properly.
game needs balancing. mostly pala and sorc gets buffed.
game lived on by mods. no mods allowed.
game basically is a bad mod with good graphics.
game is pegi 18, played by 30+ year olds mostly. cant curse.

i could go on and on and on. blizzard is done and thats why they were sold. d4 will be a joke too.

2 Likes

Exactly!
It is important that we raise our voices.
The broken lobby satisfies nobody.

3 Likes

Don’t blame developers man. As a developer yourself you should know you don’t always get to work on what you want to work on. Their management team is to blame. If they allocated time for this, the developers could probably fix it, but I’d bet Blizzard’s current atmosphere is “work on what we tell you to or you are fired.” Which is a very real threat in the US since employment is 100% tied to livelihood, health, and security.

Not to mention forcing me to join random games with 2+ ppl in it just to MF. “Sorry, not here to help with a2-4, blame Blizz.”…

I see people complain about other joining their games just to MF the game, and this is the reason why. If I try and create a game catered to MF’ing no one join, because my game probably doesn’t even show. And I can’t see people’s MF games because, again, they don’t show. I just see hour old games or games that are not relevant…

If anything, they at least need to change drop rates to that drops don’t increase only at 3, 5 and 7 players… Drops should increase with each player addition, it would give me more incentive to play in games with only 1 other person.

I miss the old Battle Net. Beginners Only was my channel.

I miss being able to make your own channels for your group. I miss being able to join different general channels, trade channels… Though the trade channels died off long ago.

Being able to create your own channel for a clan with admins and such needs to be brought back. Gave more a community sense.

3 Likes

I have a better idea. Drops do not get better with more players. Only the XP is getting more.
Here, I just solved all the fuss.

Hilarious when non-engineers try to make suggestion to actual engineers.
I know you don’t want to hear it but; the lobbies are not broken. There’s nothing to fix. Go play a more popular game.

Yeah I mean, even just having channels to find each other would help patch things while the game list is fixed. But we can’t even have that.

2 Likes

Hilarious when a modder was able to re-code how the entire game list functioned and actual “engineers” couldn’t.

This could have been a popular game, they had the wrong people working on it.

No argument there.
Making a fun game is apparently hard.

2 Likes

Lol what? They are broken, anyone can see it, as a Dev myself, it’s obvious.

If you think they are working as expected you’re ignorant.

Man, if this is the reason the game list was reduced from 40 to 20, (along with the 15 second refresh timer) then this game has no future.

1 Like

That and this isn’t like I’m trying to figure out a completely new system I hope players enjoy. It’s a bloody lobby, no excuse to not be able to effectively run something this basic. I get they might not have the allocation to work on it but to that I say make the time.

This is such a fundamental backbone to gaming that if it’s working as intended than I don’t know what to expect anymore. Is this now the gold standard for blizzard lobbies.

1 Like