FIX AVX, Dont silence us

You must own Diablo II: Resurrected to post on this forum

3 Likes

Hey Blizzard, why did you close our page about AVX? We can’t have fun playing so we were having fun complaining about it.

4 Likes

They didn’t close the page, the whole technical support board is in mod only mode. Only blue texts have replied for roughly the past hour.

Where is the PATCH for AVX fix?!

1 Like
2 Likes

Good luck to the team!
Молодцы!

Sigh

I am so disappointed

1 Like

glad i bought a game thursday to play it monday…

right so you think they will get it fixed buy monday?

1 Like

What is the problem here?
AVX is a 10 year old instruction set released with 2nd gen Intel Core CPUs.
D2R needs a 3rd gen i3 as a minimum, you can do the math from here…

I bet people who have processor below that can run this just fine. Anyways refunded, uninstalled battlenet. I’m sure blizzard has the same attitude as you… they don’t want my money. I guess I’ll go play assassin creed Valhalla since it runs totally fine on my rig which cant run dialbo 2 because of reasons.

2 Likes

AC: Valhalla has higher minimum system requirements than D2:R, so if you don’t match D2:R’s obviously you don’t match AC: Valhalla’s.

You can try your shot and maybe succeed running a software below the minimum requirements but you are on your own in that case and outside warranty.

Outside of warranty ? lol ! You know why Valhalla works ? Because it doesn’t require avx. What is really funny is my Nintendo can run diablo 2 resurrected worse then my pc but its not supported on my pc. Even still it seems blizzard plans to make it work for my computer eventually so I may try it again in the future. Do you think Blizzard is ok selling me their software knowing I’m going to use it on an unsupported config ? Do you think the share holders care if my rig is supported ? If blizzard doesn’t want my money why are they talking about patching out avx requirement because there is no non avx processor that meets the min req.

2 Likes

well I have the requirements but still can’t play so now what?

1 Like

For example. I have xeon lga 1366 and no problem with perfprmance… must i buy new HW?

1 Like

Yes, lga 1366 is ancient.

You should have upgraded at least 5 years ago.

Just ignore this guy.
Several posts from people with game problem crashing randomly with good hardware.

2 Likes

Crashing has nothing to do with the fact that some people are trying to run the game on a dated system outside minimum requirements.

I have an i9 9900KS and I had crashes every day too.

1 Like

Apparently it does.
So much so that I was running around crashing a few times when using a TP or saving the game or other random crashes reported by other people with minimal hardware.
And my pc has an intel hd graphics 620.
However I have an I7-7500U, 16GB ram and just SSD
And after yesterday’s update I can’t access any characters online.
In short, they screwed up.

3 Likes

This topic and the conversation was about AVX and older CPUs.

Without AVX the game doesn’t even run. That’s why they are two different things.